Bob Dylan – Bootleg Series Vol. 14: More Blood, More Tracks (2 Nov 2018)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dave Gilmour's Cat, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

That was my immediate guess as well. Being a guitar player myself, it's happened to me on numerous occasions. :)

lschwart likes this.
  2. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

3. pcox80

pcox80 Well-Known Member

More Blood, More Tracks was finally added to my Amazon music account with auto-rip!

jimbo3688 likes this.
  4. BawBag

BawBag Forum Resident

I’ve just been listening to this. Idiot Wind take 4 remake on the Amazon rip has the organ. Not sure if that’s been noted.

5. Percy Song

It will be the same as the box set, I imagine. On MBMT there are two Take 4 Remakes. One is as it was recorded with bass, and the other has one of the organ overdubs, but not the "spooky organ" overdub chosen for the original test pressing.

Richard--W likes this.
  6. BawBag

BawBag Forum Resident

You’re right. I compared the Amazon tip on my phone with the CD rip on my iPod forgetting there were 2 take 4s. I just hadn’t recalled hearing the organ before.

pcox80 and Percy Song like this.
  7. Percy Song

8. smoke

smoke Forum Resident

Man at C&A, ExHead and Percy Song like this.
  9. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Yes you’ll need to line his pockets regardless if you want to or not!

10. Percy Song

It's thin and expensive, especially for those outside UK, and it contains demonstrable errors and unsupported assertions, including the nonsense that the so-called First Acetate from 9/25/74 with the "She was working in a roadside place..." line in "Tangled Up In Blue" is probably a fake, but as a companion to the box set, it is bordering on essential. It contains facsimiles of studio logs which the box set artwork doesn't, and an interview with one of the assistant engineers we'd never heard from before. It knocks spots off the box set liner notes.

Another worthwhile companion to the set (and completely free of charge! is the song-by-song thread by @RayS . His posts within the thread are particularly informative.

Bob Dylan: "More Blood More Tracks" Song-By-Song Thread

[​IMG]

Chris M, voles, aoxomoxoa and 8 others like this.
  11. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

I want to get this book, and I hate non-physical media, but at the difference of $33 shipped to the US and $8 on Kindle, I guess I'll get the kindle.

paulbright81 and Percy Song like this.
  12. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

So I just got this MBMT single LP vinyl, love it, and have a couple questions:

1. Why does the digital version of the album have a diffrent running order of the same songs?

2. What is the difference between this and the "Test Pressing" that came out afterward? Are the NY-recorded songs from "More Blood" that were replaced by Minnesota-recorded tracks on the original LP the same tracks that are on the "Test Pressing"?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  13. Somebody Naked

Somebody Naked Forum Resident

On the previous page, (451), I tried to answer this in some detail.

All Down The Line likes this.
  14. Sylvaincheuh

Sylvaincheuh Well-Known Member

Doesn't Bobdylan.com charge any shipping costs ? I was about to paypal my order and they didn't appear to charge anything but the 47 EUR for the vinyl box (i am in Europe)

15. beatleroadie

Ok thanks!

Somebody Naked likes this.
  16. beatleroadie

I never knew what fervor there was out there for spooky organ sounds until I read this thread! Quite impressive!

Guy Smiley likes this.
  17. asdf35

asdf35 Forum Resident

I was wondering why everyone here was talking MBMT, then I noticed which thread I was in...These Bootleg Series threads, there must be like 16 of 'em by now

Ivory-Plated Past likes this.
  18. Percy Song

:D

19. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

More threads than actual Bootleg Series releases...

20. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Better curated too.

Richard--W and George P like this.
  21. streetlegal

streetlegal Forum Resident

Disc Four. Understated. Gently majestic. This might be where it is at. Certainly for night time listening.

In, ahem, buckets.

22. tanqueray cowboy

tanqueray cowboy Forum Resident

Yes and yes. I haven't given this box as much attention as I have the others. Thanks for the reminder. Disc 4 is spinning now ...

bonus and streetlegal like this.
  23. streetlegal

streetlegal Forum Resident

I find myself coming back to this quite a lot at the moment (perhaps a contrast to the more raucous Rolling Thunder). I think it hangs together well--in fact, quite beautifully; most song variants feel fairly finished in their own right, which I think helps--not loads of false starts etc.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    dee, DeeThomaz and JoeF. like this.
  24. DirkM

DirkM Forum Resident

Does anyone happen to know if there's a PDF or similar document that goes through the entirety of this set, with comments on variants, original releases, etc.? Roger Ford's site has a series of PDFs (from Isis) that go through Big Blue track-by-track, and I'd love to look at something similar for MBMT.

25. beatleroadie

Is there a bootleg series volume that covers the post-protest/pre-electric 1964/Another Side of Bob Dylan era?