Bob Dylan - Bootleg Series Vol. XII "The Cutting Edge"*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Abbey Road, Oct 16, 2014.

1. jvs52

jvs52 Forum Resident

Well what do you know:rolleyes: I have that one between all other greatest hits and compilation versions. Thanks for finding!:righton: I probably played it but didn't notice.

2. jvs52

jvs52 Forum Resident

The version on Side Tracks is also mono. Positively 4th Street isn't.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  3. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window is mono everywhere except on the Cutting Edge.

4. Gregorio

Gregorio Forum Resident

Correct. The code came inside every box. I didn't buy it at the time via Bob's webpage. The intention of my post was to highlight the good attitude of the company (Columbia) which sent me a download code ten years after my purchase just because i told them i couldn't use it the first time.This to encourage the other poster asking for the code of the 1965 live recordings to write them. They answer. And no, Crawl Out Of Your Window? didnt come in the mono box, nor in those mp3's, just Positively 4th Street...

5. jvs52

jvs52 Forum Resident

Well the download code is not in my box and I don't remember seeing it. Which doesn't imply my memory is good. Anyway I probably would not have used it because I always rip my CD's to flac myself, unless I knew about the mono Positively.

6. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

The mono "Positively 4th Street" is included on this single CD which is as cheap as chips these days.

[​IMG]

7. CBackley

CBackley Chairman of the Bored

It’s also available for download on iTunes and elsewhere. Or at least used to be.

jvs52 likes this.
  8. jvs52

jvs52 Forum Resident

Thank you both. The Best of... is also available on Qobuz. I just downloaded Positively.

9. Percy Song

Charlie McCoy is the guest on the "Is It Rolling, Bob? Talking Dylan" podcast, recorded on 19 February and being uploaded on 18 April....!

Megaphone: A Modern Podcasting Platform

A little taster for it, released yesterday...

10. notesfrom

notesfrom Forum Resident

11. Nightswimmer

Nightswimmer Forum Resident

Unfortunately they look really bad.

12. sekaer

sekaer Forum Resident

Doggiedogma and notesfrom like this.
  13. notesfrom

notesfrom Forum Resident

Yeah, Dylan's went for over $100,000!

Doggiedogma and sekaer like this.
  14. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

I’d rather have 167 copies of the 18-CD Cutting Edge Collector’s Edition at $600 each.

Come to think of it, just one copy would be enough to make me choose it over a door. :)

15. notesfrom

notesfrom Forum Resident

The Super Duper Deluxe future edition should include a replica of the door, instead of a leopard-skin spindle.

Dylan's room 211 door - second from right:
    [​IMG]

Edie Sedgwick/Warhol's door was more affordable, at 52K - and you know Dylan was in and out of that door on occasion. Sedgwick door:
    [​IMG]

JSKC, Doggiedogma, sekaer and 2 others like this.
  16. Percy Song

The door has closed for ever more
    If indeed there ever was a door

17. notesfrom

notesfrom Forum Resident

Sounds like it could have been a potential single, but maybe Dylan wasn't happy with it. It does sound like a frenetic negotiation through Manhattan traffic, rather than a room-with-a-view contemplation - which is maybe what he was going for. The bass is mixed down really low in the fast version, so maybe there were some flubs being covered for. Not surprising. In the 1965-1967 Dylan/Hawks material, when there is a flub up, it's usually Danko. Ironically, the Blonde On Blonde version also has a bass flub or two.

18. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

In anyone is in the market for a door, I walked past this today in my neighbourhood:

[​IMG]

19. Percy Song

That's more like it. :laugh: There are things that are known and things that are unknown. In between are doors and bags of cement.

If there is any cement in that bag, please send it my way, asap. Right now cement is more difficult to get hold of than one of the twelve recently released "Face Value" books signed by The Bobster on the special occasion of his 80th birthday.

Lost In The Flood and stepeanut like this.
  20. notesfrom

notesfrom Forum Resident

Nice price. However, it’s a veneer.
    You need a door that you can knock knock knock on…

warewolf95 and stepeanut like this.
  21. racingman11

racingman11 Forum Resident

Just received my collector edition. Had no money then, have some now.

22. scottc

scottc Forum Resident

Are you absolutely sure it’s not Vermeer? Or maybe even the mirror?

NumberEight likes this.
  23. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

If Dylan had managed to complete Like A Rolling Stone in 3/4 time and released it as a single, would it have been only four-and-a-half minutes long? :)

24. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

Quite often, in those days, if a recording even approached more than 3 minutes, the USA radio market demanded that the 45RPM be edited.

Thankfully, LARS was not edited.

I still remember Cousin Brucie on WABC-AM radio (NYC) saying, "We don't usually play a record this long, but we think this one is important", the week LARS was released.

The rest was history.

25. Percy Song

:D

NumberEight likes this.