Bob Dylan - Bootleg Series Volume 15 (Travelin’ Thru 1967-1969 (1st November 2019) *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mbd77, Sep 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Cat 3

The Cat 3 Forum Resident

Big Johnny Cash fan as well, so this is no brainer...ordered straight away.

I like the fact that some of these bootleg series releases are unpredictable.

Keep 'em coming!

:cool:

2. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

The cover could be drawn in crayon and I wouldn’t really care.

tstrapac, IronWaffle, supermd and 4 others like this.
  3. captwillard

captwillard Forum Resident

I cannot imagine how stupid it is to complain about something like that. The music is what is important. If you want to buy art, go to a gallery...jeez..

L.P., superstar19, musicaner and 3 others like this.
  4. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

They couldn't put the albums in the right order? :laugh:

asdf35 likes this.
  5. lou

lou Fast 'n Bulbous

Wow. Different melody. If all the alternate takes are this interesting, this is a must buy.

IronWaffle, Man at C&A, AGimS and 3 others like this.
  6. voles

voles Forum Lurker

There is no deluxe edition, Badlands informs me. What a price!

7. savemenow

savemenow Forum Resident

Meh, I'll probably just buy the mp3 downloads of the handful of JWH outtakes, just as I did with BS 13. I heard one of the duets with Cash many years ago...just grating to my ears. I'll speculate that without the JWH outtakes, not many would be interested at all in the Cash sessions. There's a reason the Cash material was never released commercially before. Glad they still offer the mp3 downloads so us old fart/huge Dylan fans on fixed incomes can still participate in these releases from a $$ standpoint. YMMV

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    Moth likes this.
  8. LonesomeDayBlues

LonesomeDayBlues Forum Resident

IronWaffle and DmitriKaramazov like this.
  9. fallbreaks

fallbreaks Forum Resident

On the early take of Tell Me That It Isn’t True, something about his delivery on the verses reminds me of Robin Williamson of the Incredible String Band. The way the last syllables sweep up almost like a question. I do believe there’s a quote of Bob praising their October Song in was 1968 (?) so it’s possible he was listening to them at the time.

10. HastingsBoy

HastingsBoy Forum Resident

Horses for courses I guess. Obviously it's the music which is important but I look upon the Bootleg Series as an "experience" and having stuff to read and pictures to look at while I'm listening adds to that.

Man at C&A likes this.
  11. NYMets41

NYMets41 Forum Resident

I thought it was “Love Minus Zero” at first 3 chords.

goodnitesteve likes this.
  12. fallbreaks

fallbreaks Forum Resident

I think Bob’s releases have had dodgy artwork since at least Good As I Been to You. Hasn’t stopped me from buying them, of course, but I always wonder about the choices they’ve made. I figure it’s either what Bob wants, or he’s left the decision in the hands of someone who isn’t very savvy. Either way I think his work deserves better.

Dog Gone likes this.
  13. jimbo3688

jimbo3688 Forum Resident

I pre-ordered both the vinyl and CD from Amazon, also the new Neil Young & Crazy Horse vinyl. Hopefully the prices will drop before release day (as they usually do).

14. George P

George P Notable Member

:agree:

15. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

I'll be at the last show of the tour in Philadelphia! Show #11 and counting!

16. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

do you ever shop amoeba records online? they have 15% off sales occasionally, and I snagged the new nych album from them for 33 bucks after the discount. no tax/free shipping as well!

jimbo3688 likes this.
  17. DaK

DaK Forum Resident

I would not call your opinion unpopular. It just reveals an oddly strange concept of recorded music in particular and music in general. Especially when you’re talking about Dylan. The concept of Dylan as I understand it, is all about change and adaption of the song, how a song is more of an idea, not something carved in stone but something organic. I personally think that the Bootleg Series are a great testament of exactly that.

L.P., Lonson and SPARTACUS like this.
  18. Crush87

Crush87 Forum Resident

I understand your point, though I don't necessarily agree with it.

Having said that. This alternate take of "Immigrant" in no way touches what was released. I have a feeling we're going to see Bob made all the right decisions with JWH

19. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Lovely. Affordable and sweet.

Six Bachelors, supermd, Shawn and 3 others like this.
  20. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Come to papa! Pre-ordered.

Six Bachelors and stepeanut like this.
  21. Champagne Boot

Champagne Boot Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride

But he doesn't seem to be selling tickets. I've been getting targeted ads for the Chicago show for a couple weeks. Every section has dozens of seats available, some more than 100. $57.50 base price before fees? Hard pass for a Dylan small arena show in 2019.

22. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

I'm not interested in an arena show. I've found his recent concerts to be a little dull. I would pay more for good seats in a smaller theater.

savemenow likes this.
  23. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

I never thought I'd reach the point where I am no longer willing to bear the
    expense of another piano / keyboard concert. I get impatient listening to
    Dylan play the piano / keyboard. Nor do I like low-watt lights strategically
    placed on stage to shine in our eyes (or cameras). No one talks about this,
    but I'm really tired of looking into low-level lamps aimed at the audience.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    Trots and DmitriKaramazov like this.
  24. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

The Philadelphia show is at The Met and after one day of tickets being on sale, it looks at least 2/3 sold out. I dunno about other venues. That said, this is the fourth straight year he's toured this area.

1ifbyrain2ifbytrain likes this.
  25. Dayfold

Dayfold Forum Resident

The tracklisting is the same for the LP and CD releases. :thumbsup:

chacha likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.