Bob Dylan Fall Tour 2017

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Radio, Sep 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adamos

adamos Forum Resident

Yes, I thought so too; he was in fine form.

Dark Horse 77 likes this.
  2. phillyal1

phillyal1 Forum Resident

Just found this.

3. rmath84

rmath84 Forum Resident

I saw the Monday and Tuesday shows and you got the better one. Monday had celebs and newspaper critics while Tuesday had dancing fans. Great show. Some won't like the Desolation Row, like the 25th, but I loved it. I think I even saw Bob crack a smile while singing it. Or maybe it was a grimace.

revolution_vanderbilt likes this.
  4. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Listening back to the show now, I can appreciate the oddball arrangement of Tangled Up In Blue. It's a grower. Before I ever saw Dylan, the reputation the preceded him (at least as far as what I was aware of) made it seem like his whole show would be like this: classic songs bent far out of their original shape.

5. 1ifbyrain2ifbytrain

1ifbyrain2ifbytrain Forum Resident

Among very good points: "The two encores fit together: Blowin’ in the Wind and Thin Man both deal with facing down, whether in a shared and stirring way, or a frustrated and locked-out way, questions we can’t answer"

Full review/article:

All The Truth In The World

Radio and revolution_vanderbilt like this.
  6. JudasPriest

JudasPriest Forum Resident

The ever wonderful bootlegger, Soomlos, has delivered a capture of the Akron show which is the best sound quality I've heard from this leg. It's early enough and don't think the performance level is as high as later in the tour but very tasty sound.

SteveFff likes this.
  7. Scott6

Scott6 Forum Resident

Seen Bob many many times since my first show in 1987. Funny but when I saw the Southampton show a couple of years back and ended show with Love Sick, I thought it was a brilliant ending. Last show was Bournemouth 2017 and finished with Ballad of a Thin Man.

revolution_vanderbilt likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.