Bob Dylan LP remasters by Mobile Fidelity starting w/Freewheelin' & Another Side...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sunsales, Jul 15, 2012.

1. tubesandvinyl

tubesandvinyl Forum Resident

FB, how did you get your copy so fast? Mine won't arrive until late next week.

2. tubesandvinyl

3. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Vinyl remasters usually trump digital every time. :agree:

lrpm likes this.
  4. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Really?!? :rolleyes:

5. art

art Senior Member

What an unresearched and lazy comment! Wow.

6. art

art Senior Member

SACD is now shipping.

7. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Where are you doing your research :confused:

8. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Wow is right! How can you make such a lazy comment, when you don't even have a vinyl rig in your profile. :confused:

9. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Some of us have to live with the digital pressings. :(

10. stever

stever Senior Member

Great -- thank you.

11. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Ok here we go!

Another digital vs. analog thread

12. Rower

Rower New Member

I just bought the mono Sony box set lps.

13. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

It is essential!

14. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

I don't know if they had refurbished their mastering chain when they did their recent LP of R.E.M.'s Life's Rich Pageant, but I was so impressed with the work they did on that title that that was one of the factors that led me to take a chance on this new Dylan LP, even though I have multiple mono versions of Freewheelin' already.

15. art

art Senior Member

haven't updated that in months ... I will.

16. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident

MoFi must be on a roll. I'm also waiting for Blood on the Tracks. Though if Highway 61 is on their list, sign me up for pre-order.

17. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

I just don't understand why Blood on the Tracks is not getting the two-LP 45RPM treatment from MoFi. :confused:

It's another long Dylan album that would really benefit from the two-LP treatment, in my opinion. I will probably still pick up their single-LP version anyway.

Kubricker likes this.
  18. fluffskul

fluffskul Would rather be at a concert

Since they are both very new titles.. I'd be curious to see someone who owns both compare the Blowin' in the Wind from the MoFi title to Steve's on Greatest Hits vol. 1. And while i still prefer the mono, Steve's is better than the SACD as far as digital stereo versions of this title goes.

19. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I did just that, yesterday. I compared the MOFI LP45rpm version to Steve's new Gold CD... (I posted in the Dylan Gold CD thread), but anyway,

No Contest - the MOFI sounds so REAL and vibrant - Steve's version on the GH Gold CD couldn't touch it.

I have the MOFI SACD on order (even though I really don't need it - too many copies of the album already) - so I will be able to compare "digital to digital".

But for now, the MOFI 45rpm LP, is the BEST I have ever heard of any Dylan LP that I can ever remember.

Rickchick and vonwegen like this.
  20. tubesandvinyl

I'm not sure either. Until Dylan arrives in the mail, my most recent MFSL LP is Ray Charles, Genius Sings the Blues. I think it was done in 2010. It sounds great, and beats my mono original LP. The greatness of its sound is on par with the other MFSL records I have (Little Richard, Marvin Gaye, Cars S/T) so my guess is as late as 2010 their mastering chain was not yet refurbished.

21. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

My Freewheelin' SACD shipped from Music Direct yesterday. I should have it Monday.

22. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

MFSL has been a roll lately. I've bought The Basement Tapes, Music From Big Pink, Greateful Dead's Skull and Roeses and In The Dark, and Imperial Bedroom and have been happy with all of them. Bob's on the way.

23. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

Ditto here.

24. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Apples and oranges a bit, yes?

I am glad mfsl did a great job with this. Sounds like its has awesome SQ.

25. FashionBoy

FashionBoy Forum Resident

I ordered from MusicDirect - I believe it's released there before the other sites. Also had it on pre-order (but not sure that made a difference).

Just curious if anyone what # everyone got? I am surprised mine seems quite high in the 1900s and I pre-ordered this the day it was announced practically.