Bob Dylan: Shadow Kingdom - Digital Release June 02, 2023 *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by BawBag, Jun 16, 2021.

1. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

I listened to this again yesterday and it really is fantastic. I’d love a proper high quality release (and the extra tracks would be an added bonus)

Floater and The Bard like this.
  2. JudasPriest

JudasPriest Forum Resident

The Oh Mercy sessions still seems to be the most recent that SK drew from which is interesting. Hope a further instalment occurs at some point featuring more recent material.

3. Thomas Casagranda

Thomas Casagranda Forum Resident

When, oh when, will it be released as an album?

LonesomeDayBlues likes this.
  4. Key East

Key East Forum Resident

I just want to clarify something.

Many of the songs on the list were not fully performed. i.e. two of the three takes of "Tombstone Blues" were only instrumentals without any involvement of Bob Dylan. He was very specific and he didn't pull vocals in all the songs. Track 5 from the list ("All Along The Watchtower") was only an instrumental and can be heard at the end of the film.

Also, I want to point out that Tim did not play on all the songs and that there must be many more ("30 or 40 songs"). In the list that I exposed, there are only less than 20 songs. "I'll be your baby tonight" is not present and there is only one take of some songs (when sure, there were several takes for each of them).

I hope we got a new album soon.
    Thanks for understanding.

5. LonesomeDayBlues

LonesomeDayBlues Forum Resident

@Key East Thank you kindly for the clarification and the information. I really hope we get this set as his next official album. Obviously, I would love more outtakes but Shadow Kingdom is perfect as is.

Key East likes this.
  6. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

CBackley likes this.
  7. JudasPriest

JudasPriest Forum Resident

Any idea why he went with new musicians such as Tim rather than his regular tour guys? Not having Tony Garnier in particular was a radical departure for him.

8. Dee Zee

Dee Zee Once Upon a Dream

How are people watching or listening to this film again? Self recorded? Can you replay the program if you paid for PPV?

9. musicaner

musicaner Forum Resident

who did tim play with?

10. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

The stream was only available for about a week or so after the initial showing. From what I can tell, someone posted it on YouTube, but it was taken down quickly.

11. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

I took this from a link in an earlier post on this thread,

I have a feeling that Dylan might agree.

[​IMG]

piepants, mrjinks, ajsmith and 8 others like this.
  12. The Bard

The Bard Highway 61 Revisited. That is all.

It started when Bob Dylan wrote Wiggle Wiggle, so he's only himself to blame.

13. WHMusical

WHMusical Chameleon Comedian Corinthian & Caricature

And that was written in 1995, before the Real Coming of the Unholy Internet, and then, 12 years later, the beginnings of Mass Cell Phone Addiction--a $500 computer/needle/soma in every hand.

Now, sum 27 years later, every think Carl wrote about up there has just gotten exponentially worse.

I fear we are truly ducked, ducked and goosed...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    Geordiepete and Tribute like this.
  14. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

very good!

15. HuntingBare

HuntingBare Forum Resident

No doubt there are pirated versions available for download. There are also people selling CDs and DVDs of the show. Sony/CBS/Rosen better get a wriggle on while the market is fresh.

Floater likes this.
  16. HuntingBare

LOL. But I'll take Wiggle Wiggle over any song from Modern Times.

The Bard likes this.
  17. HuntingBare

What about Rough and Rowdy Ways?

18. arthurprecarious

arthurprecarious Forum Resident

Didn’t Bob once say “I don’t give a s**t who plays the bass? That was just before Tony joined the band though’

19. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Sorry to be pedantic, but Tony was already in the band as the bass player when Bob made this infamous comment to former bass player Kenny Aaronson at Jones Beach '89 (a show that both bass players played at).

20. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

Absolutely 100% disagree. It is one of Dylan's great masterpieces from his later career.

21. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

I struggle with Tempest. Two reasons: 1) The title track is just waaaaay too long. It just goes nowhere, and there's been so much Titanic in popular culture at that point it just comes across as a "me too!" song - unusual for Dylan. 2) That cover art. Good grief what were they thinking?

HuntingBare likes this.
  22. HuntingBare

It really, really isn't. This is all subjective, of course, all opinions valid, etc. That said, to hold such a view is to misunderstand Dylan, sorry to say.

23. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

I actually really like the two songs you mention on MT, but I agree that it is one of Dylan's weaker albums and pretty dreary and lifeless a a whole. Red Sky has grown on me over the years and is now on of my favorites. It a rock 'n' roll nursery rhyme album.

drift and Vaughan like this.
  24. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

Maybe time to report.

25. shades

shades Forum Resident

Let's change the subject...

Shadow Kingdom is a great listen. Hopefully we get an official release!