Bob Dylan – The Bootleg Series Vol.16: Springtime In New York (1980–1985) (Content & Sound Quality)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DeeThomaz, Sep 19, 2019.

1. racingman11

racingman11 Forum Resident

I've already asked that, but I don't think anyone replied : do we know if the acoustic version of "Too late" on the set is the one that was released by Un**** magazine months ago ?

CBackley likes this.
  2. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member Thread Starter

Interestingly, on a recent podcast the hosts played the “Acoustic Version.” The hosts didn’t announce it as anything unusual but although it was the same take as featured on the Uncut disc, it was an unedited performance, featuring verses that hadn’t previously been heard. We don’t have confirmation yet, but I suspect it’s this unedited version that will be used on BS16.

Hard Rain & Slow Trains: Bob Dylan & Fellow Travelers

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  3. rednax

rednax Forum Resident

We’re probably getting this one:

4. Justin Brooks

Justin Brooks Forum Resident

right. it would be crazy for the unedited version not to be on the box. still makes one wonder why the Uncut version wasn't listed as an edit, but honestly, they probably didn't know or even have any clear communication with the Dylan team, as pretty much any interaction with them is described as such.

5. Man I almost wish you hadn't posted that. Kind of ruins it for me when it seems like he loses interest toward the end and doesn't commit to the vocal as much. But who am I kidding? Still glad to hear it.

rednax likes this.
  6. Kevin Davis

Kevin Davis EQUIPMENT PROFILE INCOMPLETE

Sweet, thanks for sharing!

BigBadWolf and DeeThomaz like this.
  7. MemoInPR

MemoInPR Señor Memo

8. connorjake

connorjake Forum Resident

Thanks for that, I will attempt to order same today. Could I ask, what is the Amazon app, I order from them all the time, (picked up Archives 2 there for £95, which is still the cheapest I have seen), but not familiar with this particular method.

9. S1m0ne

S1m0ne Forum Resident

I've just read an interview with Benmont Tench, who said that the Caribbean Wind that is on Biograph was produced by Jimmy Iovine. It was Tench who advised Dylan to use Iovine as producer for Shot Of Love, but the two didn't match and Jimmy left the studio right after CW. I never knew that!

10. I use the Amazon app on my phone all the time but it automatically defaults to the UK site and forces me to use that even when I'm on Google searching Amazon France. Its irritating! It might be my phone software but I'd avoid it if I were you.

11. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

Apparently, it will work if you change the country in your Amazon settings. I haven’t tried it myself, but I’ve read talk of this being successful over at Blu-ray.com. Always trust those guys on such matters. They have turned penny-pinching into an art form. SHTV members are like rank amateurs in comparison.

S. P. Honeybunch and NumberEight like this.
  12. Moray

Moray Forum Resident

I normally don't use it; only have it because Amazon UK offered £10 off for using it the first time a while back. Got the same offer from Amazon France in an email and when I clicked on the link it asked if I wanted to change countries to France. I use Amazon France almost as much as the UK site at the moment as it's often cheaper.

13. voles

voles Forum Lurker

Great Work! However, have you missed out the B side of Mixed Up Confusion? Its an alternative version of Corrina Corrina, found on the 'Carolyn Hester Introduces Bob Dylan' CD as well as other places.

14. racingman11

Going off topic, but are your sure that the alternate Corrina is on the Carolyn Hester CD ? That's new to me, and the pretty extensive "Searchingforagem" website doesn't say a thing about it.

15. Somebody Naked

Somebody Naked Forum Resident

Thank you. Is it on Spotify? A link would be great.

16. musicaner

musicaner Forum Resident

i dont think Tench recommended Iovine, as he had not met Dylan before the session.

17. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

It is the b-side take but it has been obtained from unofficial sources.

The Jasmine Records release is mentioned on the Questionable Releases page of SFAG :-

Questionable Releases Of Official Dylan Albums

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  18. Mooch174

Mooch174 Forum Resident

You can browse/shop at any Amazon from the Amazon app. You just have to select it in the settings.

enro99 and culabula like this.
  19. musicaner

musicaner Forum Resident

lol i would say so. the CH introduces Bob Dylan cd is 'questionable'

20. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

Has anyone found a listing for the downlaod of this 5 CD release? I can only find the 2 CD set on Qobuz and nothing on HDtracks. Might just be too early. I bought the last three boots on HDtracks.

21. voles

voles Forum Lurker

Sorry, I can't find that album on Spotify. This is the amazon link: Introduces Bob Dylan - Amazon.co.uk

'Searching for a gem' says the album is 'questionable' but admit that the single tracks are the real thing. I suppose that 'RTL & BD Music Present Bob Dylan' is no less questionable in their view.

btw Mr Dylan plays harmonica on several of the Hester tracks but I suppose you had to draw the line somewhere :)

22. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I hope that the snare drum is synthless, or/and toned way down in the mix. It borderline irritates on the track "I & I" and just needlessly dates the entire Infidels album in general. Their backing is fine, but a synth drum up loud has had more complaints than any other issue with the album. The "Rough Cuts" mixes tended to be slightly better than the released mixes imo.

asdf35 likes this.
  23. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

As long as they included the great one with the laugh at the start of the vocal intro, and it sounds like a stunner mix quality, I'm ok with it. Been living with (and loving) the cassette dub on Rough Cuts for so long now, just dying for that awesome upgrade.

TeddyB and DeeThomaz like this.
  24. racingman11

Actually, they say it's the album version of Corrina, Corinna on this page.

Yeah it's probably legal though unauthorized, as with the RTL thing (RTL is a very well established national radio here in France).

25. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member Thread Starter

Anyone else listening the hell out of their Rough Cuts & Tempest Storm (or equivalent) bootlegs lately?