Bob Dylan: THE BOOTLEG SERIES VOL. 17: "Fragments - Time Out of Mind Sessions" [1/27/23]*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DeeThomaz, Jul 20, 2021.

1. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

Rosen still has a significant say in what gets released, so yes, he’s not done himself out of a job by selling the rights on Dylan’s behalf.

zombie dai and supermd like this.
  2. Country Rocker

Country Rocker Forum Resident

If it's true that the 'Desire' tapes are missing or stolen, and they're going to pass on 'Planet Waves', then that only leaves 'Street LEGAL from the 60s 70s era. I guess they could include those sessions with 'Slow Train Coming' outtakes too.

3. timnor

timnor Forum Resident

Haven’t the Slow Train outtakes already been released on Trouble No More ?

4. Country Rocker

Country Rocker Forum Resident

Isn't it mostly live stuff on the multi disc set? I know some studio work was included, but there must be tons in the vault. After all, the shot of love sessions were expanded upon for the Springtime box set.

5. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Whether it’s The Villager or TOOM next, I’m ready!

6. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

I could see there being a copyright release for any remaining Slow Train, Saved and Shot of Love period tracks. I am not convinced they would include it in a Street Legal related set.

7. musicaner

musicaner Forum Resident

Sony paid even before Dylan sold his stuff. Its always been what Sony wants and Sony wants what will sell the most.
    A PW BS would probably fit in one cd, PW included.

zombie dai likes this.
  8. Goddess of Gloom

Goddess of Gloom Forum Resident

'Simo' posted the following on Expecting Rain a few days back:
    "Was in Tulsa this week and got confirmation that TooM will be the next Bootleg Series."

When being asked for the source, 'Simo' replied: "Well known Dylan author and contributor to the Bootleg Series. I asked and he confirmed and I assume he was being honest."

9. musicaner

musicaner Forum Resident

its pretty much a given that TOOM will be the next BS

10. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

From the "womb" ( 1961-1963 ) to the TOOM.

11. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

I'll be in for this, but hasn't much of the most interesting stuff come out already on TTS ?

ExHead likes this.
  12. zombie dai

zombie dai people live in dreams, but not in their own

We grew up together
    From the womb to the toom
    We died and were reborn
    And then mysteriously saved

Goddess of Gloom and JoeF. like this.
  13. zombie dai

12 of 40 tracks were from toom, so i'd assume there were a few more- maybe a 3 cd set

JoeF. likes this.
  14. Crush87

Crush87 Forum Resident

No way
    There's so much left in that well and that's just based on what we know about. I mean there's an original demo of Not Dark Yet along with all the Teatro stuff before they moved to Miami I think that was the Can't Wait released on TTS but they did a lot more in Oxnard before relocating

HuntingBare, Dark Horse 77 and JoeF. like this.
  15. zombie dai

there's snippets from the dylan centre of soundboard recordings of dylan live toom songs floating around apparently

16. mike s in nyc

mike s in nyc Forum Resident

I'm guessing the time out of mind bootleg series, when and if it happens (and it sounds like its gonna, based on the above) will be great---tho as much as I want to hear this, I'd really love to see released a few things as much if not more:
    -1976 spring live rolling thunder, and desire outtakes
    -1963 town hall, carnegie hall, 64 royal festival hall (i know we have most/all, but i really would love to have it out there officially, with the banter in the 64 show that does not circulate, etc)
    -1992 bromberg big band sessions
    -some complete shows late '80, with 'lets keep it between us' live, etc..
    -and who knows what else is in the vaults!

17. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

No. That was the tip of a very large iceberg.

18. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

Well, that’s good news

Percy Song likes this.
  19. Afaninfull

Afaninfull Forum Resident

There is also a confirmed alternate take of “Standing In The Doorway” that was so good apparently even Dylan went back and forth which version to use.
    I hope they found the alternate “Things Have Changed” and that is included.
    The well is not dry with this period.

20. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

If it is really a Time Out Of Mind box set it will probably end up being my favorite of the Bootleg Series. I love the album.

21. musicaner

musicaner Forum Resident

same can be said about infidels besides they 'supposedly' have stuff not from the sessions proper.
    true or not we will find out

22. The Bard

The Bard Highway 61 Revisited. That is all.

Much as I'd gobble up a TOOM release, it's 1978 that I am really looking forward to.
    I love Street-Legal and Bob's career/life was in such turmoil and transition at that point.

The 1978 shows were a(nother) incredible re-invention, whether you love them (I do) or not.

23. Sipuncula

Sipuncula Forum Resident

I was just about to post roughly the same sentiments. Well done!
    TOOM was my first "new" Dylan album, but I really like that Street-Legal period. Truth be told, I'd be happy with anything, as long as the Bootleg series continues (and it's pressed on a slab of vinyl), I'm game. There's something to like in all of his many eras.

24. Bill007

Bill007 Forum Resident

Agree on GGG! I just can’t get into BTF album. Dylan just seems to be screaming the songs.

The Bard likes this.
  25. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

My sentiments, exactly.

The Bard and DmitriKaramazov like this.