Bob Dylan: THE BOOTLEG SERIES VOL. 17: "Fragments - Time Out of Mind Sessions" [1/27/23]*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DeeThomaz, Jul 20, 2021.

1. DmitriKaramazov

DmitriKaramazov Senior Member

The 78 tour!
    I love those slowed down versions of Tangled Up In Blue, with sax accompaniment!

2. matt79rome89

matt79rome89 Forum Resident

It would be interesting but not likely. I'm expecting a live set like 1966 and 1975 boxes. There are quite a few shows to protect so it should be at least 8+ cds, which makes including studio stuff a long shot.

3. zombie dai

zombie dai people live in dreams, but not in their own

4. zombie dai

5. mightyquinn61

mightyquinn61 Forum Resident

I agree. The late 70s is prime Dylan. I love the At Budokan album even though it is far from the best performances. A bootleg series of those shows would be very welcome.

6. Country Rocker

Country Rocker Forum Resident

I'm just hoping for the day when people stop calling the Time Out of Mind album TOOM. How has this even become a thing? It's not even a long album title.

7. mightyquinn61

mightyquinn61 Forum Resident

As in TOOMstone Blues? Is that TOOMuch to ask?

8. zombie dai

i wonder what treasures they'll find when they excavate bd's toom?

JoeF. likes this.
  9. zombie dai

does anyone know the process they go through making each series?

10. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

Toom Raider

Bonddm likes this.
  11. Goddess of Gloom

Goddess of Gloom Forum Resident

Well, 'TOOM' makes for great wordplay in the quest of naming the related Bootleg:
    https://expectingrain.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=102793

I'm with you, though.
    But it seems that some people like abbrev.

revolution_vanderbilt likes this.
  12. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

I'm glad it's TOOM. It's one of the few Dylan albums that I'd want a set dedicated entirely to.

timnor likes this.
  13. That North Carolina show from 1978 where Dylan rambles on crazily would be great to have on vinyl.

DeafDumbAndBlindKid likes this.
  14. zombie dai

yeah, i've been listening to more of that era, and, like many, it seems undervalued

dylan's rambles are great

warewolf95 likes this.
  15. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

A couple reputable sources over at ER are saying we’ll have a 10 LP set of TOOM stuff. Can’t wait ;)

just throwing this out there: the original release date was September 30. That falls on a Friday this year which is almost always “new release day”. Maybe we’ll get this on 9/30/22?

jimbo3688 and zombie dai like this.
  16. zombie dai

any suggestion as to a tracklist? i'm hoping for a 40 min version of highlands!

17. Crush87

Crush87 Forum Resident

I almost never do vinyl boxsets of that size, but it will be very hard for me not to this go around. I probably will get whatever they release.

Having said that, I think I'd be happier buying the digital TOOM set and, in a perfect world, putting my remaining funds into a MoFi of the album proper. It badly needs the same treatment Love & Theft got from MoFi

warewolf95 likes this.
  18. Ten albums of TOOM?
    Jeez!
    One was more than enough.

19. Crush87

Crush87 Forum Resident

Yep all the endless praise and acclaim this album has garnered over the past 25 years has only existed inside this thread

timnor, Markab, Man at C&A and 2 others like this.
  20. Not from the Dylan fans I know. But you go ahead and enjoy. I'm not knocking it, I just don't rate it.
    Once again, you're welcome.

21. zombie dai

it's not 'ten albums of toom' it's ten sides on one album, including outtakes etc.! now you understand better, do you feel more excited?

Williamson likes this.
  22. No, but I appreciate the sentiment :)
    If someone claims there was a Blood On The Tracks lurking under the bonnet and this expanded version has revealed it.... I may, just may, wait for the abbreviated CD box to drop to a reasonable price. If there is one.

zombie dai likes this.
  23. Lands End Drums

Lands End Drums Forum Resident

Count me in on the loving Time Out Of Mind side. 10LPS worth of material though? Surely it must cover a wider time period than the one album.

Next Year's Man likes this.
  24. bem

bem Forum Resident

I would hope so. The nineties need a deep dive; say from world gone wrong to time out of mind.

HuntingBare and Kiss73 like this.
  25. zombie dai

doubt it, i reckon there is tons of stuff for toom. 10 lps is about 5 cds, no?