Bob Dylan: THE BOOTLEG SERIES VOL. 17: "Fragments - Time Out of Mind Sessions" [1/27/23]*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DeeThomaz, Jul 20, 2021.

1. mightyquinn61

mightyquinn61 Forum Resident

And world events impact production and distribution. Better to be sure, than to announce something then postpone.

2. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

Everything that was once arbitrary is now planned, while everything that was once planned is now arbitrary.

CBackley likes this.
  3. Oh man has invented his doom
    First step was waiting on TOOM

Fred1970, dylankicks, Markab and 5 others like this.
  4. The Bard

The Bard Highway 61 Revisited. That is all.

Happened to me with The Grateful Dead rehearsals/shows last week.
    A song from the Jerry Garcia mix showed up while on random play and now I'm stuck on Shelter From The Storm from Oakland.
    Bob's decisions re the Dylan and the Dead album were truly :rolleyes:

TimeandTempo likes this.
  5. The Bard

Your avatar makes me smile every time. So many great memories.

6. The Bard

I fully expect to buy the 10 LP version and then be frightened to play it because of scratching it ... and therefore buying the deluxe version on CD as well....

...followed by the 2 CD version a week later, after realising it has a photo on the artwork that isn't included on the vinyl or deluxe edition.

I'm not well. :wiggle:

7. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

The "BS" stands for "Big to Small"

The Bard likes this.
  8. mightyquinn61

A load of BS:).

9. swedwards1960

swedwards1960 Forum Resident

10. HuntingBare

HuntingBare Forum Resident

I’m still not convinced by the 10 LP rumour.

as to whether it’ll be TOOM or not, somebody I know told me quite a while ago that the next BS will be TOOM, I can’t name him/her but they have always been right before and are in a position to know.

I wonder who will have the honour of writing the liner notes, and whether they’ll mess it up.

keef285 and mightyquinn61 like this.
  11. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

Komakino___, CBackley and The Bard like this.
  12. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

My greatest Dylan contact came when I was sitting directly next to Allen Ginsberg when Dylan sat opposite and engaged in a 5 minute long (seemed much longer), meditative stare into Allen's eyes. Neither spoke a word, and then Dylan left. As my eyes were maybe 18 inches from Allen's, it felt like I was receiving that same meditative gaze from Dylan. I don't think that either Dylan or Allen blinked or moved.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. cable hogue

cable hogue Forum Resident

Imo it seems unlikely at this point that this is coming out by the 25th anniversary on Sept. 30. I'm beginning to buy into the supply chain delay rumors. Hope I'm wrong!

14. matt79rome89

matt79rome89 Forum Resident

I don’t think 9/30 has been realistic for awhile. Most anniversary releases don’t fall on the exact date anyway and a majority of these come out in November

15. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Perhaps an announcement by then though… :)

TeddyB likes this.
  16. zombie dai

zombie dai people live in dreams, but not in their own

it'll come when it comes, if indeed it does

i've been using the time to visit new music and listen to dylan albums i haven't given a fair shake to. he is incredibly consistent over his 60 years!

highway likes this.
  17. mightyquinn61

If you're tired of waiting for Bob, there's always Neil Young. Releases 6 albums a year, more or less.

18. Dylan75

Dylan75 Forum Resident

Neil’s been promising releases and launched ideas over the past 30 years without anything coming out. Glad that he’s finally found the time/energy to catch up and release them and discover some new projects. No complaints from me. Bought ‘em all to date and enjoying them.
    Bob has been pretty much consistent with releases across his career. The TOOM box announcement will come. Although I’d rather see the press release and pre-order it yesterday I’ve got plenty of stuff to revisit/listen to.

mightyquinn61 likes this.
  19. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

It wouldn't surprise me at all if there was an announcement on August 31st or September 1st.

20. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

Dylan aside.....am I the only one feeling we are in the calm before the storm of fall (archival) releases??

Asides from a few releases in September, and the possibility of this Dylan set, I have zero on pre-order for this fall. Nor am I aware of any official rumours of anything coming out that I want.........yet I have this bad feeling that there is going to be a deluge of announcements as soon as we get August out the way.

21. ILoveLucille

ILoveLucille The infernal desire machines of Dr Steve Hoffman

No way is Whoopi Goldberg going to mess up those liner notes!

22. Dylan75

Dylan75 Forum Resident

I’m with you on this. The only ones I have on pre-order is Rory Gallagher’s Deuce 50th Anniversary and Joe Strummer’s 002.
    Besides TOOM I’m would guess some announcements from camps Bowie, Stones, Springsteen and Neil Young for the coming months.

23. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

The Stones camp are quiet too and yet we have had super deluxe editions each year for the past few years

(edit - apologies, appreciate this is a diversion from the topic once more)

24. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

It may turn out that this year's BS release was the Ionic pressing of Blowing In The Wind

[​IMG]

DmitriKaramazov likes this.
  25. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

Comes in a nice box at least but looks lacking in sleeve notes

keyse1 and IHeartRecordsAz like this.