Bob Dylan US Tour 2019

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by LandHorses, Sep 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes Thread Starter

On Tour | The Official Bob Dylan Site

11 Oct 2019 Irvine, California UC Irvine - Bren Events Center
    12 Oct 2019 Santa Barbara, California Santa Barbara Bowl
    14 Oct 2019 Palo Alto, California Stanford University -- Frost Amphitheatre
    17 Oct 2019 Denver, Colorado The Mission Ballroom
    19 Oct 2019 Lincoln, Nebraska Pinnacle Bank Arena
    20 Oct 2019 Kansas City, Missouri Arvest Bank Theatre at the Midland
    22 Oct 2019 St. Louis, Missouri Stifel Theatre
    23 Oct 2019 Ames, Iowa Iowa State University - C.Y. Stephens Auditorium
    24 Oct 2019 Mankato, Minnesota Mankato Civic Center
    26 Oct 2019 Milwaukee, Wisconsin Eagles Ballroom
    27 Oct 2019 Bloomington, Indiana Indiana University - Auditorium
    29 Oct 2019 Normal, Illinois Illinois State University - Braden Auditorium
    30 Oct 2019 Chicago, Illinois Credit Union 1 Arena at UIC
    1 Nov 2019 South Bend, Indiana Morris Performing Arts Center
    2 Nov 2019 Muncie, Indiana Ball State University - Emens Auditorium
    4 Nov 2019 Columbus, Ohio Ohio State University - Mershon Auditorium
    5 Nov 2019 East Lansing, Michigan Michigan State University - Wharton Center for the Performing Arts
    6 Nov 2019 Ann Arbor, Michigan University of Michigan - Hill Auditorium
    8 Nov 2019 Highland Heights, Kentucky Northern Kentucky University - BB&T Arena
    9 Nov 2019 Akron, Ohio University of Akron - EJ Thomas Performing Arts Hall
    10 Nov 2019 Moon Township, PA Robert Morris University - UPMC Events Center
    12 Nov 2019 Baltimore, Maryland University of Maryland Baltimore County - UMBC Event Center
    13 Nov 2019 Petersburg, Virginia Virginia State University - Multi-Purpose Center
    15 Nov 2019 University Park, Pennsylvania Pennsylvania State University - Eisenhower Auditorium
    17 Nov 2019 Ithaca, New York Ithaca College - Athletics and Events Center
    19 Nov 2019 Lowell, Massachusetts University of Massachussetts - Tsongas Arena
    20 Nov 2019 Providence, Rhode Island Providence Performing Arts Center
    21 Nov 2019 The Met Philadelphia Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

------------

I'm guessing a week+ at the Beacon Theater too.........but not announced yet.

2. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Mostly a UNIVERSITY tour. Always interesting...

3. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Guess I’ll be going on a road-trip to Mankato.

Dan33185 and planckera like this.
  4. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

The show on October 29th will be a "normal" show ... ;)

PJayBe likes this.
  5. asdf35

asdf35 Forum Resident

DAMN. A week after I book a trip, where I would've been close enough to catch 2 shows.

I had decided recently that I need to catch some serious Bob shows. I've seen him only 6ish times, though most of those were great seats/up close. Never enough.

Rickchick likes this.
  6. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

Thanks for posting! I may be in Chicago for the Oct. 30 show!

7. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

As usual, I don’t think he’s within a 1000 miles of me. :realmad:

Edit: wrong. I guess about 667 miles is closest this time.

ianuaditis likes this.
  8. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

Frost..... mmmm

9. Jaycat

Jaycat Forum Resident

$193 for the worst seats in the house, at a hockey rink (Lowell, MA). Think I'll stay home and remininisce about seeing him at Boston Garden in 1974 (with the Band).

10. Hot Ptah

Hot Ptah Forum Resident In Memoriam

The last time I saw Bob live, in the summer of 2016, I left thinking that I may have seen him live enough times. Has anyone seen him live since 2016 who can report on whether his performances have changed significantly?

breakingglass likes this.
  11. HominyRhodes

HominyRhodes Forum Resident

I think it's pretty cool that Dylan's playing that venue.

January 23, 1959: The Winter Dance Party tour kicks off at "George Devine's Million Dollar Ballroom," featuring Buddy Holly, the Big Bopper, Ritchie Valens, Frankie Sardo, and Dion and the Belmonts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    One of only two known photos taken at the show: Ritchie Valens, with Waylon Jennings on bass.

[​IMG] Eight days later, Bob Zimmerman saw the show at the Duluth Armory, and a few days after that came the plane crash.

12. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

Brandeis Revisited?

13. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Serious? These will be comedy shows.

abescan and asdf35 like this.
  14. hyde park

hyde park Forum Resident

I saw Dylan back in 99 in Normal --- he did make the below Normal joke -- a fun show, with Brian Setzer and his horn section sitting in a few tunes. Saw him the night before in Carbondale - a fun little college run.

People told me I’d never get close to Normal. But they were wrong! (before Silvio).

Haven't seen Dylan since 2014, when he did a run at the Cadillac Palace Theatre in Chicago.

Wish he wasn't playing UIC, but there are worse venues in Chicago, I suppose.
    I did catch a show of his there at UIC - Holloween '99 - another great show, but the sound was a bit off. His set sound better than Phil Lesh's, though.

I was up in the back balcony corner, though, which probably didn't help matters.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    Arnold Grove likes this.
  15. timind

timind phorum rezident

My grandson, a senior at Ball State, texted me this morning and asked I wanted to see Bob Dylan. Looks like I'm going to the Nov. 2nd show at Ball St in Muncie, In. Not sure what I'm expecting, but can't pass up the opportunity, and the invite is impossible to turn down.

16. blehman

blehman Forum Resident

Great pictures! Thank you. The Eagles can be a tough place to see a show. Sound at times is a struggle. The building is old and shows it. The neighborhood is not awful, but not wonderful either. That said depending on the performer the place can be completely wonderful. Mr. Dylan played there in 2004 and it was pretty damn great. For us history people The Eagles Club also takes us back to the 30's, 40's, 50's and 60's when it was George Devine's Million Dollar Ballroom. Check out Dave Clark performing there in 1964

[​IMG]

17. Toddarino

Toddarino Total Hunk

I’ve been to dozens of shows at the Eagles Ballroom. This will be the first that appears to have chairs.

The last band I saw there was Motörhead.

NaturalD and HominyRhodes like this.
  18. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Saw him here in Okiehoma last trip through and it was as fantastic as ever. Looks like he is skipping us this time. Hope those going have fun.

19. HominyRhodes

HominyRhodes Forum Resident

Thanks for the info -- I didn't realize that Bob had played there before. The place seems to just ooze history. I've been to several venues in Milwaukee over the years, but never that one. A younger family member saw Twenty One Pilots in the "Rave" there, and said it was pretty damn cool.

20. AGimS

AGimS Forum Resident

I saw Dylan on the most recent tour in june (Europe) and he was great! Don’t you dare miss it!

21. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

That's awesome.
    I envy those who got to see him when he was still great live, when his voice was still good, or even decent. It was very strong in 1974.

HominyRhodes and Jaycat like this.
  22. boe

boe Forum Resident

Get over the old days folks. I’ve seen him on his past two tours (as well as going back to 1974) in the U.S. and the shows were amazing (and the ROIOs will back it up). A genius for the ages still creating in the moment and looking ahead. He could easily be doing a note-perfect greatest hits show and be be packing huge arenas. If you want to relive your memories, there are plenty of artists out there who will oblige you. But Dylan is the only artist today (outside of the Beatles) who will be noted / studied for centuries to come as having changed art / culture. All of our other favorites will be nothing more than minor footnotes, if that.

drift, dylankicks, Rickchick and 6 others like this.
  23. FlexFantastic

FlexFantastic Mechano-Man of the Future!

Got a presale for the Denver date and just snatched up a ticket. I've seen Bob, I dunno, ten or so times in my life (although all this century) and I've promised myself I'll never miss a show in Colorado if I can possibly help it. He's playing at the new Mission Ballroom venue which has immediately become THE best place to see music in the Denver area (excepting Red Rocks). This'll be the first time I've seen him in a GA environment since he played at the Grand Junction Fairgrounds back in 2002 or something. Should be a killer show - a bit pricier than his last few tours tho (and that's just for the lowest tier - GA - there are a few reserved sections going for a couple hundred bucks at the gold package is like $400, yikes), so just the basic solo ticket. Don't need to spend the extra bread to drag along a semi-willing missus or some friend who will be irritated Bob doesn't sound like he does on Highway 61 Revisited or Blood on the Tracks or whatever. I've been looking at those Europe setlists and they looked tasty as hell, hope he does the same/similar set on this tour.

HominyRhodes likes this.
  24. arthurprecarious

arthurprecarious Forum Resident

It’s so subjective. Saw him at Hyde after a gap of 15 years and thought he was poor. Voice gone, band very dull, didn’t like the rearrangements. People around me were laughing AT him. Won’t be seeing him again.

Stu54 likes this.
  25. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Got my Mankato ticket. Snagged what seems to be a decent but not great seat. I just wasn’t prepared to spend $400 or so that they were asking for the top tier. Should still be a blast.

HominyRhodes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.