Bob Dylan US Tour 2019

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by LandHorses, Sep 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlexFantastic

FlexFantastic Mechano-Man of the Future!

I was at that Denver show - marvelous. Bob definitely has the magic this tour, everyone who has been on the fence owes it to himself to catch him this year. Girl From The North Country -> Not Dark Yet was nothing short of amazing.

drift, Jimmy B., HominyRhodes and 8 others like this.
  2. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

So he only played "Beyond Here Lies Nothing" at the three California shows? Could indicate that it was a tribute to Hunter.

fishcane likes this.
  3. gkella

gkella Glen Kellaway From The Basement

I am jealous you can still fit into a tee shirt from 25 years ago !!!

Jimmy B. and fishcane like this.
  4. gkella

gkella Glen Kellaway From The Basement

Come on Bob...announce some Canadian dates !!!

bliss44 and Sean like this.
  5. Waspinators

Waspinators Forum Resident

Wow, listening to the Denver show now. I thought he sounded great last time he came to South Florida, but he really sounds reinvigorated here. Bob is some kinda freak of nature.

6. FlexFantastic

FlexFantastic Mechano-Man of the Future!

Yeah, it was incredible. I thought for a while during the show he maybe had a problem with his leg or something because he was making this weird contorted facial expression and then I realized partway through it's because he was SMILING all night. Never seen it before with him!

Tim Wilson, majorlance and Gus S. like this.
  7. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I can easily fit into T-shirts from 30 years ago! I was fairly overweight as a young adult, so anything I wore from, say, 1985-1999 will fit easily.

My oldest concert Ts from 1982/83 are too small. I was overweight then (ages 15-16) too but I wasn't fully grown then, so I could fit smaller shirts than I can now...

8. Waspinators

Waspinators Forum Resident

That's funny, listening to the recording you can hear the smile on him! Loving the addition of the violin too.

9. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes Thread Starter

The way these shows are going.........the 4 Beacon theater shows I have might not be enough.

HominyRhodes, The Cat 3 and oxegen like this.
  10. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

11. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

"Not Dark Yet'...wow. Clear winner of the night and really spotlights the new talent that is in the band. I can't wait till the new guys reshape the other songs in the set. I will miss the legendary Recelli/Sexton/Garnier group but Bob's instincts for a change was right as usual.

Listen to "Thunder On The Mountain"...rock and roll Dylan is very much back. The drums pushing him in great ways.

Richard--W, The MEZ and fishcane like this.
  12. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

I am in better shape now then I was at 25, no more beer handicap

gkella likes this.
  13. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

I'm impressed. Dylan is calm and confident. The personnel changes and
    the violin are a BIG improvement. Dylan is in superb voice; I'm frankly
    astonished at his voice.

Thank you for posting this.

Please PM me the list of your taping equipment. A smart phone and a
    mic, perhaps, but which?

drift and fishcane like this.
  14. JudasPriest

JudasPriest Forum Resident

The Santa Barbara recording by taper JB is by far the best so far of the tour - well worth tracking down.

The MEZ and MRamble like this.
  15. JudasPriest

Live at the Beacon album from the pending residency anyone?

The Cat 3, Gus S. and SteveFff like this.
  16. RoyalPineapple

RoyalPineapple It ain't me in the photo, babe.

He went through a phase around 2011 where he would break into a grin after every single line of every single song. It came across as a bit sinister.

majorlance, The MEZ and FlexFantastic like this.
  17. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

Would be nice but would never happen. Frankly, I think Dylan's show are captured great as audience recordings. The best ones from the last leg, for example, were excellent.

HominyRhodes, The MEZ and fishcane like this.
  18. Gus S.

Gus S. Well-Known Member

I think if nothing else the American songbook project demanded that he loosen up his singing and renew his commitment (of sorts) to melody. And now we're reaping the rewards.

drift, Dark Horse 77, The MEZ and 3 others like this.
  19. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

I was hoping this tour would come back to my neighborhood, but alas.

20. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

Agreed the ambiance of his performances these days are captured very well thru auds and I’m not sure an official release could top what fans and tapers are putting out there now. 2019 esp but hey that Saratoga 2000 matrix that someone put out there recently is top shelf so magic is def being made

HominyRhodes, MRamble and The MEZ like this.
  21. JudasPriest

Macon 2018 from Soomlos and the Crystal Cat Tokyo fr 2014 are extraordinary audience recordings that if released professionally Sony might actually struggle to eclipse.

Mr. E. Tramp and The MEZ like this.
  22. Rockford & Roll

Rockford & Roll Forum Resident

He's sounding great and I really like the new arrangement for Gotta Serve Somebody!

The MEZ likes this.
  23. JudasPriest

That arrangement has been in a while now (Summer 2018) but agree, it works really well and is a wise choice as main set closer.

Masterpiece, Lenny Bruce and North Country with him nearly solo for large parts - reflective of growing confidence. I also love the violin sprinkling a lot of songs have received - Donnie Herron has a major new role and it really takes advantage of his stellar musicianship.

FlexFantastic and The MEZ like this.
  24. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

Maybe all this talk of invigoration and inspiration and a change in band are a sign that Bob has a new batch of songs ready to record or has already recorded.
    Hey, a guy can dream!

HominyRhodes, MRamble and mrjinks like this.
  25. mike s in nyc

mike s in nyc Forum Resident

I heard that fantastic recording of santa barbara from Oct 12th- wow! very excited that I'll be seeing him at the Beacon in about five or six weeks... and its not confirmed but i saw on expecting rain that tonight's #2 slot was.... its all over now baby blue!

dylankicks and Dflow like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.