Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

Bob Dylan's Good As I Been to You - your favourite track?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dave Gilmour's Cat, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Dave Gilmour's Cat

Dave Gilmour's Cat Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

Bob's guitar pickin' on Sittin' is very nice, so it's my pick.

3. ruben lopez

ruben lopez Nunc Est Bibendum

This is a tough one,voted HARD TIMES but TOMORROW NIGHT and CANADEE-I-O are every bit as good.

4. Champagne Boot

Champagne Boot Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride

Always enjoyed the delivery on Hard Times. Gotta say, though, this one always gets way less spins than World Gone Wrong. Just doesn't seem as compelling to me.

majorlance likes this.
  5. keithdylan

keithdylan Master of His Own Domain

I love Canadee-I-O. The story is interesting, and for some reason I love the way he sings, "She cuts a gallant show".

6. moonshiner

moonshiner Forum Resident

Arthur McBride

7. Carserguev

Carserguev Forum Resident

I'm divided, Jim Jones is memorable and captivating...

But Arthur McBride leaves me speechless every time; that voice, that guitar... The things he does, oh my...

8. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

One that fell through the cracks on me. Don't think I have heard this one, but I like Sittin' as covered by both Jerry and the Dead.

9. qwerty

qwerty A resident of the SH_Forums.

I couldn't pick on this one. I can't recall the individual tracks. But do enjoy the album. This, and the companion World Gone Wrong, are two of his under-rated albums. This return-to-roots was the best thing that Bob could have done. It reunited him with his essence, and (thanfully) got him back on track again.

[​IMG]

10. the sands

the sands Forum Resident

I voted "Hard Times" but I'm not sure if I have a favorite track. It's one of his albums I could have played more.

11. babyblue

babyblue Pactches Pal!

I find Tomorrow Night a charming performance.

majorlance likes this.
  12. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Forum Resident

Another one I barely play. I have the rare original vinyl too! I'm sure it's a fine record, but there's just so much Dylan music to get into. I've been a fan for around 25 years and there's still quite a few of his albums I'm unfamiliar with. Then there's the Bootleg Series, bootlegs etc...

13. Deano6

Deano6 Forum Resident

It might be the wrong thing to say around these parts, but this is my favorite rekkid by the Bobster. Got it on original vinyl and cd. I listen at least two times a year. Oh, and by the way, Frankie & Albert.

14. YardByrd

YardByrd rock n roll citizen in a hip hop world

I chose BJD because I'm such a sucker for all versions of it from Dylan to Davy Graham to Doc Watson to my fave by Woody Guthrie... but my real fave might be Bob's take on Blind Boy Fuller's Step It Up & Go... really dig his guitar playing and tone on this one...

15. majorlance

majorlance Forum Resident

Some favorites:
    • Frankie & Albert
    • Canadee-i-o
    • Sittin' on Top of the World
    • Hard Times
    • Step It Up and Go
    • Tomorrow Night
    And hearing Bob sing Froggie Went A-Courtin' the first time was a real hoot!

babyblue and YardByrd like this.
  16. wanderer1

wanderer1 Forum Resident

The 1992 Bromberg Sessions and 1991's "This Old Man."

17. Dave Gilmour's Cat

They aren't on the album.

18. Wugged

Wugged Forum Resident

Nice to see some love for this album. It's one of my favourite by Bob. It is soooooo under-rated :) His guitar playing is great and his voice is in excellent shape. A great choice of traditional songs too.

Best song ? Jim Jones.

Dave Gilmour's Cat likes this.
  19. JPJs Bass Guitar

JPJs Bass Guitar Forum Resident

I voted Sittin' On Top Of The World. It might not be the best song on the album but believe it or not, this was the first Dylan song I ever (consciously) heard, played by Johnnie Walker on his afternoon BBC Radio 1 show before the album was released.

I'm sure the Dylan tribute concert was shown on terrestrial TV the following festive season, and watching Bob play It's Alright Ma sealed the deal for me, I was hooked.

Seems strange now that this album and that particular performance were the roots of my Bob fandom, but that's what grabbed the 17 year old me.

20. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

Diamond Joe

21. Dave Gilmour's Cat

Agree with every word of this. I loved the live versions of Jim Jones in 1993.

Wugged likes this.
  22. Dave Gilmour's Cat

Annual bump...

23. Yannick

Yannick Forum Resident

A friend of mine lended me this one a few years ago as I don't have one myself. "Step it Up And Go" and "Froggie Went A Courtin'" turned out to be my preferred tracks.

24. HenryFly

HenryFly Forum Resident

I don't think there's any album of his I enjoy more these days than this one. For its pure elemental joy, Arthur McBride pips the others for me.

25. Dave Gilmour's Cat

Never seen this before: