1. This day in history: January 12, 2002. 9:49 AM, California time. The Steve Hoffman Music Forums officially launched with this thread. Thank you for 20 years of music, discussion, and great memories! Join our "Thank You!" thread, and we'll see you in the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Bob Seger's Live Bullet

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by John Carsell, Feb 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident Thread Starter

Listening to this one (the remaster in the mini lp sleeve) is downright painful I tell ya.

Waaaay too much high end there.

The original CD was not real a sonic gem by any stretch of the imagination but this one really sucks.

Sounds like this one was mastered by the same engineer who did the MFSL Heart(s/t).

This one is really beggin' for Steve's time and talent!

2. Pat

Pat Forum Detective

John,

I got Live Bullet and Fly Like An Eagle in mini lp packaging (for DIRT CHEAP); sealed cut-outs not too long ago. These are really B-A-D sounding. Such a let down. Both sound terribly no-noised and lifeless. Even if they were FREE they wouldn't be worth it!

If you can't dazzle 'em with sonics, then re-package them and slap a Re-Mastered sticker on the sucker! :rolleyes:

3. Andy

Andy New Member

But, you did get the cute mini LP sleeve. :D

4. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

I also got this as a cut-out. It was an improvement over the previous version and I made a mental note at the time of it being good. This thread prompted me to pull it out again to listen to it. I was wrong, it is very bad. Drums muted and all over the rear (way left to way right). No depth to soundstage. Distortions on the instruments. I will only play this in the car/portable player.
    All those mini-LP CD's were not all bad. The Roxy Music Avalon in HDCD sounds incredible. It is a cut-out on www.musicforsong.com.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.