Bob Seger's Live Bullet

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by John Carsell, Feb 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident Thread Starter

Listening to this one (the remaster in the mini lp sleeve) is downright painful I tell ya.

Waaaay too much high end there.

The original CD was not real a sonic gem by any stretch of the imagination but this one really sucks.

Sounds like this one was mastered by the same engineer who did the MFSL Heart(s/t).

This one is really beggin' for Steve's time and talent!

2. Pat

Pat Forum Detective

John,

I got Live Bullet and Fly Like An Eagle in mini lp packaging (for DIRT CHEAP); sealed cut-outs not too long ago. These are really B-A-D sounding. Such a let down. Both sound terribly no-noised and lifeless. Even if they were FREE they wouldn't be worth it!

If you can't dazzle 'em with sonics, then re-package them and slap a Re-Mastered sticker on the sucker! :rolleyes:

3. Andy

Andy New Member

But, you did get the cute mini LP sleeve. :D

4. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

I also got this as a cut-out. It was an improvement over the previous version and I made a mental note at the time of it being good. This thread prompted me to pull it out again to listen to it. I was wrong, it is very bad. Drums muted and all over the rear (way left to way right). No depth to soundstage. Distortions on the instruments. I will only play this in the car/portable player.
    All those mini-LP CD's were not all bad. The Roxy Music Avalon in HDCD sounds incredible. It is a cut-out on www.musicforsong.com.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.