Bolan's Boogie

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by aceman400, Jun 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aceman400

aceman400 Power to the Metal Thread Starter

Does anyone in the forum own this on CD? Is the Castle version better than the Polydor version. I also see there is a Japanese version of this also. I'm looking to get this one for Raw Ramp, also has Bang a Gong and Jeepster on it.

Thanks in advance,
    Aaron

2. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

I've got it but I'm not sure which label. I bought it a long time ago. I haven't listened in a while but if I get time before I leave on vacation I'll give it a listen and let you know.

3. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

Aaron,
    The one I have is an German A&M records. I gave it a listen and it was pretty darn good. A couple of the old Tyrannosaurus songs are a tad on the bright side but you got good drums, congas, bass and guitars. Raw Ramp is an excellent song and so is Bolan's version of Summertime Blues on here.:)

4. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Does anyone own a copy of T. Rextacy on WB/Japan? CD was in print for a very, very short time.

5. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

Sorry, I only have that one on vinyl. If I'd ever seen it on CD....

6. peterC

peterC Aussie Addict

I've got an EMI version. Fantastic music. Only problem is the first note of Get it On (Bang a Gong in the US) was carelessly chopped off in the mastering. Sound quality varies.

As far as I am aware all the early Tyrannosaurus and T Rex albums have been recently (about 2 years ago) re-released in the UK but not remastered.

Some of those early electric T Rex songs like Raw Ramp are SOOO good!

7. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

I have both the Castle and JPN A&M versions, IMO they are about the same in sound. Was never impressed with the vinyl either BUT the songs do sound great on the original 45's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.