Bone Tomahawk- a Western Meets the Zombie Apocalypse

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bill Hart, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I would disagree. It got me to watch the film along with the premise.

The special features on the blu Ray were a bit disappointing. I was hoping for a commentary track and a making of featurette that focused on the practical effects.

As I said before, the script in the hands of a director of Ridley Scott's talent would have done wonders. An atmospheric "Alien" like western would have been kind of cool.

2. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Aside from the gruesome "Deputy Nick" scene in the cave near the end, the movie wasn't as gory as I was expecting.... and, as nasty as that one scene was, it's nothing I haven't seen elsewhere before.

Still enjoyed this movie, though... I didn't mind the glacial pacing, and of course Kurt Russell is always excellent. Anyone who's a fan of Westerns and/or the Italian cannibal flicks of the 70's & 80's should check this out.

Scott57 likes this.
  3. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

Watched it last weekend and loved it. I love westerns and wish they made more of them. Russell was fantastic.

4. I believe the movie got made because of Russell. He really loved the script and had been looking to appear in another Western.

Simon A and Coricama like this.
  5. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

This reminds me to watch Girl Scouts vs Zombies. Cockneys vs Zombies was good. Best thing about Maze Runner:Scorch Trails was the zombies.

6. alexpop

I realise budget constraints, but can anyone tell me the sound techniques used in comparison with The Hateful Eight.ie mics used ?

7. alexpop

"Bone Tomahawk ".
    Gave this another test drive.
    Sorta feel good ( feel bad)companion to "The Hateful Eight " what with Kurt Russell face fungi still intact, he sure dones great whiskers.

8. CrazyCatz

CrazyCatz Great shot kid. Don't get cocky!

Great Film, watched on Netflix over Christmas.. Characters are interesting enough.. That Cave scene..

Simon A and alexpop like this.
  9. alexpop

Being a vegetarian it's easier to swallow.:)

Mark E. Moon. and CrazyCatz like this.
  10. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

i need to see this

alexpop likes this.
  11. alexpop

Just hope you've got the stomach for it.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  12. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

Got the DVD from my local library and watched it last night. I second the positive comments here. A great western which develops into a very creepy, gory thriller. First class performances, script and cinematography. Yes, a little slow in parts but it was a long journey to that hell hole.

vegafleet, Simon A and Matthew Tate like this.
  13. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

A slow-burning horror-western. Quite nice in places, the dialogue was terrible and people jumping two metres back when hit with a bullit must have been done for slapstick purposes....

14. Wingman

Wingman Bored of the Rings

An enjoyable ride.

vegafleet and Myke like this.
  15. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I hope S. Craig Zahler does a TV series.

GodShifter likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.