Bono (U2) to publish memoir - Nov 2022

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by deadbirdie, May 10, 2022.

1. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

It's not easy to be a U2 fan on SHF, since almost every thread brings out the hate/haters.

ARK, Fullbug, MikeManaic61 and 4 others like this.
  2. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

What a rational and reasoned response. Who let you into this thread? :D

ARK, Levitated and brother1002 like this.
  3. markreed

markreed Forum Resident

I don't, and I couldn't care less what you think. There's what - one Morrissey thread? The man himself (Moz) might be a binfire who has treated some people as disposable batteries and questionable politics/worldview as he's been largely surrounded by Yes Men for 30 years, but he still has a fabulous voice.

I don't think we should derail the thread, but Bono's never said that a particular race are a subspecies, or people who were assaulted by Kevin Spacey were asking for it, or whatever.

Last edited: May 22, 2022
    BeatleJWOL and Beamish13 like this.
  4. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

It is the opposite for me, as I like most of Morrissey’s Albums, but not the type of person he is(assuming what I have read about his bigoted views are correct..

Also, while I respect people who are Vegan, and agree it is a healthier way to eat, I do not like those who push their views on others, as I love a good Rack of BBQ Ribs, Prime Rib, Rib Eye Steak or Hamburger once every few weeks. I want to go to a Morrissey Concert, get a Front Row Seat and eat a Rack of BBQ Ribs in front of him during the Concert:laugh:.

5. Rufus rag

Rufus rag Forum Resident

Me too!

6. Lazerize

Lazerize Forum Resident

He's written a mediocre memoir and an atrocious novel.

Fullbug and Beamish13 like this.
  7. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Rolling Stone has already published their five star review of the book.

ARK and Fullbug like this.
  8. Lazerize

Lazerize Forum Resident

You know, he'd love to have left the world's problems to others. However, the problem of developing nations being saddled with crippling debts to the IMF wasn't going anywhere. Neither was the problem of millions of people in Africa not having access to live saving HIV/AIDS treatment. So he got involved and successfully lobbied for debt reduction and the donation of HIV/AIDS medication.

Should he have not got involved in those campaigns? Should he have kept his mouth shut? What was hypocritical about donating his time and reputation to those causes? It seems to me that he put his money where his mouth is.

Please explain why being "friends" with Schwab is a mistake. Who *is* Schwab, anyway? You're being very cryptic.

ARK, Fullbug, scribex6 and 1 other person like this.
  9. hakstone

hakstone Witnessing the prototype of the Eloi

10. Vangro

Vangro Forum Resident

You really don't want to encourage them.

11. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

Thread summary:

"I prefer my idealistic rock stars dead, so that their political opinions are conveniently out of view."

Last edited: May 22, 2022
    ARK, 905, telecode101 and 4 others like this.
  12. It's Felix

It's Felix It's not really me

Me too. I don’t know much about him, beyond what I knew up to Joshua tree, since then I haven’t followed U2 at all. So interested in hearing about those early years. I still think the Unforgettable Fire LP is a masterpiece. Interested in any stores around that time.

HotelYorba101 and Man at C&A like this.
  13. It's Felix

Well one of them is a Brexit crackpot with horrible far right views. The other one is a great guitarist.

14. It's Felix

I love the elvis and America track. Never understand why people dislike it.

905, Lazerize and Man at C&A like this.
  15. Lazerize

Lazerize Forum Resident

Lol, and the South Park guys, who've made a living off mocking others, *don't* want people to know they're worth something?

Have the cynics who make South Park successfully lobbied to have the crippling debt owed by poor nations reduced? How many millions of people get HIV/AIDS medication because of their work? None and none? That's what I thought.

ARK, 905, Gavaxeman and 1 other person like this.
  16. Lazerize

Lazerize Forum Resident

Oh but I do! I want them to stop hiding behind insinuation and say what they mean in plain language.

ARK likes this.
  17. Lazerize

Lazerize Forum Resident

It's a work of mystical power and beauty.

It's Felix and Man at C&A like this.
  18. zen

zen Senior Member

Bono and Edge should have done something less predictable ...like not going to Kiev, where all the media is hangin' out. :cool::cop:

19. hakstone

Calm down. It was a joke.

ARK likes this.
  20. Lazerize

Lazerize Forum Resident

No, it's just an insult. Edgleords like the South Park guys and many of the show's fans think they're synonymous, but they aren't. It's one of many insults in a thread seemingly devoted to insults.

Where do you think the joke is in that combination of image and words?

GentleSenator likes this.
  21. hakstone

The point is, why are you so emotionally attached.

22. musicaner

musicaner Forum Resident

makes perfect sense lol

23. dee

dee Senior Member

Agreed. The only things were a few being one was I certain could actually play a Ramones song. Maybe he was using 'you' in the universal and not literally him. Enjoyed the narrative more as it went. The visuals too. His narrative sounded 'animated' too.

Lazerize and Levitated like this.
  24. Lazerize

Lazerize Forum Resident

Lol, you're following the edgelord troll playbook down to the letter. Congratulations.

But no, the point is that you came here to be a troll, got called on it, and hid behind the "it's a joke," excuse, even though there was no joke. Which you're aware of, and which is why you then insulted me. Or was it meant to be a joke?

25. hakstone

This is pointless. You've been ignored.