Bonus Poll: How do you rate Zee's "Identity" album?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Johnny Reb, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

Thanks for the link.

Individual CD pricing is a bit salty. Depending on the quality of the box set, that's either rather modest or exorbitant. Content is a bit thin on the ground, but I wouldn't have expected hours and hours of audio content to be in the vaults for this project.

EDIT: Just noticed there's a $15 unsigned CD edition option. Consider my critique of the CD pricing rescinded! :D

2. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

Has anybody picked up this re-release? Curious if the sound quality merits taking the plunge.

3. Johnny Feathers

Johnny Feathers Forum Resident

Wondering the same thing. The pricing on the deluxe box is absurd. I’d buy it on iTunes we’re it available.

Runicen likes this.
  4. Felix Atagong

Felix Atagong Forum Resident

Runicen likes this.
  5. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

I would say its worth it as you get the single mixes 12 & 7 inch for the First time.

If you want demos the second disc in the box is good but not that different.

The box itself is one of the nicest in terms of packaging and Dave Harris signature but a tad light on music content. I paid £75 for it probably £25 overpriced

Felix Atagong and Runicen like this.
  6. mando_dan

mando_dan Forum Resident

This album is my response to the folks who blame Waters for squelching Wright's contributions.

7. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

Finally picked up a copy of the basic reissue of the album.

Granted, my only copy before was a boot that was almost certainly a needle drop, so it's a massive sonic upgrade at first blush.

Looking forward to spending more time with this album. Just love that Fairlight vibe.

8. Somerset Scholar

Somerset Scholar Ace of Spades

My copy of Zee has arrived and I went for an original UK pressing. Nice Near Mint vinyl and Ex to Ex+ cover/pink inner. £16.
    I bought it on the strength that it is Rick. Plus a few casual listens on You Tube, but not too much to spoil it. I was not put off by the 'period' sonics.
    I'm more impressed by this album than I thought I would be, especially since I have been into Floyd since my childhood in the 70s and 80s and saw no reason to get this album. It has had a lot of disrespect.
    Bearing in mind that I do have a passion for electronic music in general, I am probably going to like this more than the average Floydian.
    I'm holding off from voting until I settle more with this album but I will say it is not as bad to me as many had made me fear it would be.

Runicen and PJayBe like this.
  9. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

Personally, I dig the meeting of flashes of Wright's sensibilities along with that Fairlight aesthetic. It's definitely not Floyd, but it's certainly not boring!

Somerset Scholar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.