Boombox

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Bytor, Apr 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bytor

Bytor New Member Thread Starter

I want to get something thats portable but yet sounds good. Mostly for camping or working on my Rover. When I go to audio stores everything seems pretty close. Does anyone out there have any suggestions? Oh, and none of those wind-up Victrola's SH.

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

JVC and Sony are my fave portable brands.

I still have a JVC CD player I bought before I went to college in 1989-1990. It's been dropped, abused, mistreated. It still works well. Portables are usually the most abused electronic playback product, right next to the clock radio.

Sony makes great portable units too. Yes, they all sound good, but what you're really looking for is longevity too. ;)

3. mazort

mazort New Member

Advent Powered Partners

I use Advent AV570 powered partners with a portable CD player. This will be superior to any boombox I know of but you'll need AC power to run them. Unfortunately I've never heard a good-sounding boom box.

4. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek

Advent powered partners Yeah!

They sound great with a radio shack 3400 Cd player or I put them with my Walkman Pro. Had them outside sat. at a yard sale just to play some music outside and people kept asking if they cound buy them NO WAY. Maybe Humorem has a battery they can work off of ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.