Borders/Amazon online

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Duke of Prunes, Jul 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke of Prunes

Duke of Prunes New Member Thread Starter

Some say that, at Borders, some finds can be had (gold discs). On amazon's online site, I noticed that many recordings say "Original Recording Remastered." Would that be referring to the MFSL "epigraph?" And if so, can these be reliably counted upon to be MFSL? If I'm on the right track, is there a way to see if there are DCC's on the website?
    Thanks for any help!

2. aashton

aashton Here for the waters...

There is a label opton within the search engine - entering DCC seems to work just fine :)

Good luck hunting - Andrew

3. Duke of Prunes

Ok, I see. Now it seems that those "Original Recording Remastered" CD's are NOT MoFi...(?)

4. Duke of Prunes

Or are they?

Also, one important question, if anyone here buys used stuff from Amazon: If I buy used from sellers under a "gold cd" entry, can I be confident that I'll get that version and not another cd version. (some are cheap enough for me to be skeptical)
    Thanks!

5. peterC

peterC Aussie Addict

DON'T be confident! I have received non-gold versions on several occasions, particularly from the seller Warehouse.

To be safe email the seller first before ordering, although in the case of Warehouse, don't bother.

6. Duke of Prunes

Are you sure it's "Warehouse," and not "wherehouse?" I have a few from wherehouse in a shopping cart. If that's him, he's a crook!

7. KLM

KLM Senior Member

I've had pretty good luck ordering from Amazon's zshops. I just picked up a sealed DCC Ray Charles/Betty Barter for $19.99. It should say whether or not it's the gold version and when in doubt ask. I haven't dealt with wherehousemusic.com so can't help you there....

8. Duke of Prunes

Peter, if you're there - is it "wherehouse" or is there another seller called "Warehouse"?

?

9. peterC

peterC Aussie Addict

Sorry Duke, it is "wherehouse". I incorrectly used the literal spelling!

Wherehouse has its own website but also sells via Amazon. I ordered GOLD DCC Cars and Roy Orbison CDs from them as used items on Amazon. They were clearly described as Gold CDs on DCC label with the appropriate cover scans. I received the standard Cars CD instead of the gold and I received a completely different Roy Orbison CD not remotely related to the DCC!!

I struck up a decent relationship with one of their customer service people via email but in the end he couldn't send the correct items, he could only refund for the incorrect ones sent and tell me to reorder the golds and see what happens! Of course I didn't bother.

Along the way, he told me they have great problems with quality control in their warehouses (correct spelling this time!) and regularly have problems with listings of "gold " CDs.

It's a pity because their prices are very good.

In general the amazon system is not ideal because the zshop sellers don't update their listings often enough and you end up paying first and then finding out the item is no longer in stock and then have to muck around getting a refund from amazon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.