Borders Coupon (part 2)*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by hbbfam, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. I had a 33% off yesterday, plus $10 in Border's Bucks. Got the 4 disc Tom Petty Live Anthology for less than $8 out of pocket.

My local Border's has really shrunken their CD section to the point where it is a challenge to find anything I want, and further more find things I want at less than outrageous regular price.

Brian

3. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Thanks for the heads up. My local Borders SUCKS. Has no DVD or CD department, aside from a handful of new releases. Still, maybe I can find something good. If all else fails, I buy another Bukowski book at half off.

Dylan box comes to mind, but can't justify spending that kind of money on myself this time of year.

4. celtic1

celtic1 New Member

5. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Senior Member

6. JimC

JimC Senior Member

Dylan Mono Box for $67.:righton:

7. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

8. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

Springsteen Darkness Blu-ray box - $54!

9. Saint Johnny

Saint Johnny Forum Resident

Just got back with the Bruce box for $54. :righton:
    Too bad my Border Bucks expired yesterday!. I could've got it for $40.
    (The remastered DOTEOT does sound amazing! )

10. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Yep....$6 Bukowski book...my Borders sucks....

11. drbob932

drbob932 Member

It was actually borderline pandemonium at the local Borders with the 50% coupon tonight. Apparently more than a few folks didn't read the small print which states you couldn't use it for the E-Readers, software, or combine it with various other sales and such. They didn't find this out of course until they'd already gone through the entire line, and at which point they felt the need to plead their case to the poor kids behind the counter, hoping to magically change the rules. :)

At any rate, I paid $35 for the new Sinatra 7-DVD box for one of my wife's Xmas gifts. Pretty happy with that.

12. Sammy Banderas

Sammy Banderas Forum Resident

I had to wait in a super long line for about 15 minutes. But I ended up getting the newer Byrds box set for $27.50 plus tax!:righton:

13. Saint Johnny

Wow, there is a new Byrds box? Or do you mean the one from just a couple years ago?

14. RTurner

RTurner Senior Member

+1

15. Sammy Banderas

Yeah, the one from 2006/2007 as opposed to the 1990 box.:) This is my first Byrds purchase, so I hope I did good.

16. RTurner

RTurner Senior Member

That's a great box - no question you did good!

17. Sammy Banderas

Haha ... thanks, RTurner! And thanks to the OP for the coupon and everyone else for posting their success stories.:D

18. Saint Johnny

I think you done good!:righton:

I do remember one time though, about a year after it came out, where it was on sale one day, on Amazon IIRC, for something ridiculously low, like $15.99, but by the time I found out about it, it had gone back up.

19. Sammy Banderas

Saint Johnny's story reminds me of lucky a bunch of us were with last week's Dylan Mono box fire sale.:laugh: I usually miss out on the Amazon super box set sales. But it's always nice to get an awesome deal on the music we love, thanks to Borders, Amazon, etc.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Saint Johnny!:righton:

20. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Wish I could've found something, but the only Borders I was nearby tonight was the downtown Portland location, which is closing. They had everything 30-40% off but it was fairly well picked over. They didn't have either version of the Springsteen box set, which is mainly what I was interested in.

When I found myself wandering the Blu-Ray section and considering a Criterion single-disc for $20 (regularly $40), I knew I wasn't going to find anything I really wanted/needed.

So I left empty-handed, but with money still in my pocket.

Craig.

21. LordThanos1969

LordThanos1969 Forum Resident

I went to the Borders in old town Scottsdale looking for a good box set to purchase with the discount. They appeared to only have two or three boxes, none of which interested me. I thought I was going to leave empty handed when one of the employees said they had a few more at the bottom of one of the glass cases. I didn't see Live at Leeds, Station to Station, or anything else really cool, so I pondered the Hall and Oates box. Before I went to take a look at it, I just happened to see the Led Zeppelin mini box there. Almost unbelievably, It was priced at only $76.99! This had to be a mistake, but I figured if that is what they were selling it at, I was buying it. Total with tax was $38.12. Now, that was a deal!

22. KeithH

I picked up the Lennon box yesterday afternoon for $100 with the 50%-off coupon. Then I went back with my wife last night and grabbed the "Stripped Down" Double Fantasy set for $9.49.

23. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

The Borders flyer in the Thanksgiving day newspaper also has a 50% off coupon, good for 1 item 11/26-11/28.

24. KeithH

Very cool. Thanks for the tip. I haven't gone through the paper yet.

Is this coupon also being sent to Rewards members by e-mail?

25. Saint Johnny

I have not gotten an email yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.