Bordertown on Netflix

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Daedalus, May 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daedalus

Daedalus I haven't heard it all..... Thread Starter

I just noticed this show and started watching the beginning episode. I like it so far. Anyone watching? Thoughts?

2. C4rl

C4rl Forum Resident

I've watched all three series, very good in my opinion, some of the natural features of the Finnish landscape are stunning, Love me some Nordic Noir :thumbsup:

3. four sticks

four sticks Senior Member

I'll start watching series 3 this week. I thoroughly enjoyed series 1 and 2.

4. tman53

tman53 Vinyl is an Addiction

Excellent series, acting, writing and of course the cinematography are all top notch.

5. Daedalus

Daedalus I haven't heard it all..... Thread Starter

I have watched the whole available series. Very enjoyable but dark show. They left it open so I am assuming there will be another season but I have not researched that. Worthy addition to the Netflix collection of international crime/detection shows. I enjoy analyzing the cultural differences of the countries with regard to police and justice systems. Euro politics are fun to laugh at and the attitudes towards Russia are very interesting. A plus for me with this show is that I grew up in a rural town with a huge Finnish population and one of my Aunts was a Finn and her parents lived on a farm that my Uncle took the operation of. I worked there as a kid starting at age 11. The Finns I knew were tough, blunt but great straightforward people and every Friday after work was done we had sauna.

6. Klavier

Klavier Forum Resident

I thoroughly enjoyed the first two seasons, the 3rd not so much. Maybe it's played out? It didn't help that I wanted to smack his daughter most of the time! She turned into a major brat, then...well, no spoilers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.