Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

Bosch TV series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Peace N. Love, Jul 24, 2015.

1. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

OK, last night, I tried the first episode of S.W.A.T. It went down OK in a slick, flashy way. But it seemed far more driven by action sequences than plot development, and the characters seemed pretty stock. I'll try a few more episodes as something to watch while I eat dinner, but my hopes are not high.

Brenald79 likes this.
  2. smilin ed

smilin ed Forum Resident

rockclassics likes this.
  3. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

I've read maybe 10 books but that was a long time ago. I'm fine with the show ending after the new season because they don't do much with it. Not much time passes and Bosch is "just" a cop. The book series has much more variation. Bosch being a private eye, more locations outside of the city, more lady friends etc

Steve Litos and GodShifter like this.
  4. Klavier

Klavier Forum Resident

He's in the latest Lincoln Lawyer novel, The Law of Innocence, but that might be too new to be included in the Netflix series.

smilin ed likes this.
  5. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Connelly addressed this on Twitter:

“No, there will not be any crossover of characters from the Bosch series. It's a character rights issue.”

smilin ed likes this.
  6. smilin ed

smilin ed Forum Resident

Damn.

Brenald79 and rockclassics like this.
  7. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Anhedoniac®

Am I the only one that thinks Mickey Haller is a dull character? The movie with McConaughey was bad. Real bad.

8. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I like the Haller books.

9. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

You talking ‘bout the book character or the movie?

10. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Anhedoniac®

The movie. And I will admit I was trolling a bit with the Haller opinion. I only saw the movie. I really did think it was bad, though.

11. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

The books are great. He’s a similar character to Better Call Saul. I predict the new Netflix series is going to be a smash hit like Ozark.

GodShifter likes this.