Bosch TV series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Peace N. Love, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

I do not want to jump into this thread so late in the game and be a spoiler. A little background. We got Amazon Prime when the pandemic hit so we could get free food delivery from Whole Foods. Then we discovered Amazon Prime Video. I had discovered binge watching long ago when we started watching Mad Men on DVD's. So last year we watched the first six seasons of Bosch in about 6 weeks. :o So we watched the last eight episode season in four days ( my wife insist that we do not watch more than two episodes of any series in one night ). I would like to discuss the last episode of the series, but I do not want to spoil it for regulars in this thread.

When is it alright to discuss the last episode?

I have never read any of the books. I love his real stereo system. The Ohm speakers and McIntosh tube amps ( I have never figured out which TT he has ). I have even started to think about playing jazz records every now and then ( I have about 3500 LP's which are 99% either classic R 'n R or The Blues ). We also love his house. Even though we live in a stuffy old NY village that is basically a bedroom community for people who work in NYC our house has many similarities to his house.

2. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Yeah we just finished it over 4 nights. Good end. Shame though cos I really like a lot of the other characters.

3. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

I gave in at the end. I also like a lot of the other characters and home some will be appearing in the new show

4. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

Loved the whole series. They had a terrific cast, and for me, I'll watch Titus in anything he's in. I'm way behind in getting into the books, so I'm going to get THE BLACK ECHO this week and take the dive.

5. clayton

clayton Senior Member

I've read about 12 of the books, they did a great job consolidating a few books into each season. I hope the upcoming Jack Reacher series does as good a job and doesn't stray from the plots in the books.

Atmospheric likes this.
  6. Atmospheric

Atmospheric Forum Resident

Jack Reacher series? Can you link to details?

For starters, they need an actor that is not err... diminutive in stature like Tom Cruise.

ssmith3046 and rockclassics like this.
  7. Yawndave

Yawndave Forum Resident

I've been watching from the beginning. I wasn't big fan at the outset but the show grew on me and it has become one of my all-time favorites. Beyond the great characters, I really like seeing all of the Los Angeles locations. It's like touring LA without having to drive or deal with traffic.

Lightworker likes this.
  8. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

9. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

"With the new show, Madison Lintz, Mimi Rogers, and myself are the only existing characters from the original Bosch."

Titus Welliver on Bosch’s Last Chapter — and Harry Bosch’s Next One

Damn.Was hoping to see Jimmy and J. Edgar at least.

10. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

You won't regret it.

jwoverho likes this.
  11. '05Train

'05Train Crashin' & Flyin' & Livin' & Dyin'

12. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

They've usually done a good job with the jazz music and stereo on the show, but this season, they made a bonehead amateur mistake. Bosch is listening to an album with an early '80s Elektra label, but the music is John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman "My One and Only Love"--an Impulse! track never issued (or reissued) on Elektra.

blind_melon1 and Lightworker like this.
  13. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Use the spoiler tags and …
    I think anything is fair game.

14. ex_mixer

ex_mixer Senior Member

15. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

The first two seasons were poorly written and directed. The third was better but confusing on purpose. Season 4 is when it hit it's stride and it's been unmissable ever since. I streamed the first 5 Esp of season 7 last night and I'll finish it tonight.

Lightworker and Steve Litos like this.
  16. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident

I've thoroughly enjoyed every season and am sorry to see it end. Michael Connelly has revealed some info about the spinoff. This is taken from Newsweek's site:

Connelly writes the novels that the original series of Bosch on Amazon Prime Video is based on. Now, his character is heading to IMDb TV for a new spin-off show, which has led fans to speculate which story line will be featured.

Titus Welliver is returning to play Harry Bosch while characters Maddie Bosch (Madison Lintz) and Honey "Money" Chandler (Mimi Rogers) will also be the focus of the follow-up to the original series.

Speaking to Newsweek, Connelly said: "I don't know whether people will say 'you're giving away too much' but hell, I wrote the books so I can talk about it.

"We're really concentrating on one book, it's called "The Wrong Side of Goodbye," which is to me, of all the Bosch non-badge books, really is an homage to the great PI writers and novelists."

Too bad it's not on Amazon Prime. I don't want to add yet another streaming service!

Mylene, marmalade166 and rockclassics like this.
  17. leemelone

leemelone Forum Resident

IMDB TV is the free ad supported section of Amazon Prime video. You can watch it thru the Prime app or download the stand alone IMDB TV app.

ex_mixer and rockclassics like this.
  18. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident

I was thinking of the ad-free one that isn’t free! Ads are so annoying to me.

19. leemelone

leemelone Forum Resident

IMO Free means not having to pay a fee. I can handle watching a few commercials to see another season of Bosch. I let you know how it turns out. ;)

rockclassics likes this.
  20. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

I finished watching season 7 this morning. Good way to end it. It seemed the last two episodes were a bit rushed to wrap up all the storylines.

I’ll be interested to see how the next Bosch series goes. Should be interesting.

jwoverho likes this.
  21. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

For WALKING DEAD fans, Madison Lintz played Carol's daughter Sophia. She's grown up a lot even on BOSCH. I don't feel old at all.;)

ex_mixer and Jamey K like this.
  22. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

Yeah, she seems to be taller than her dad. She makes a better partner for Harry than his actual partner who is a total bore so far this season. And I like how she remains likable, unlike other TV daughters - the one on Californication springs to mind.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
    Daryl M and marmalade166 like this.
  23. Fahzz

Fahzz Forum Resident

Umm - I think he meant she's a babe now? LOL

Daryl M likes this.
  24. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

I think she's now playing a character older than she is is

25. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

I wouldn't say "poorly" directed...it just got better as it went along through the seasons. I don't know
    how the scene where Bosch throws Tommy Pounds through the plate glass office window at the
    police station could have been directed any better (lol).

Bhob and smilin ed like this.