Bosch TV series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Peace N. Love, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Bhob

Bhob Forum Resident

I don’t believe the time he spent between the time he left and went back has been documented, though I could be wrong. It’s a lot of books to keep up with.

2. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I believe he was actually off the force for 18 months on involuntary stress leave after throwing Harvey Pounds through the office glass partition. During that time he investigated his mother's murder on his own. Then in 1995 he returned to the LAPD but left again in 2002. I believe that there were two books before he went back to the force in 2005 working on the unsolved cases.
    He finally retired for good in 2015. About a year after that he was an unpaid reserve officer on the San Fernando police force but that went south a few years later. There are a lot of books. But there were Bosch books written when he was off the force. Connelly writes Bosch in first person when he's off the force and in third person when he's working on the force. I think my timeline is fairly accurate. I'll have to check out the bibliography. There are a LOT of books and Connelly is great at having reoccurring characters from past books come back and characters from one book cross over to other books. Like Mickey Haller or Terry McCaleb.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    rockclassics likes this.
  3. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

You guys are discussing Bosch as though he was a real person. :unhunh:

Steve Litos and ssmith3046 like this.
  4. ssmith3046

Harry and I go back to 1992! After reading and rereading all those books I feel as though he is a real person:)

5. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I thought the final season was fine, but--especially since it was a short season--all the time taken to lay track for the spinoff was a bit disappointing. They did put a nice bow around everything, but it all felt a bit rushed.

6. Bhob

Bhob Forum Resident

Got a question for anyone who recently watched the previous seasons. Was the Jeri Ryan situation was resolved?

I recently rewatched myself, but don’t remember a resolution.

7. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Just A Flea-Bit Peanut Monkey

8. maui jim

maui jim Forum Resident

Thanks. Was wondering when. Just got an email from Amazon promoting IMDB

ex_mixer and Voodoo Child like this.
  9. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

:wiggle:

ex_mixer and Voodoo Child like this.
  10. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Very cool. I hope they keep the opening theme music as it’s one of my favourites and is probably the only one I don’t skip when watching a multi episode series.

11. ssmith3046

After 30 years of reading and rereading Michael Connelly's books I just can't watch this actor as Bosch and take the character out of the context of the time period of the novels. I'm sure it's a really real made TV show and hopefully people will be curious about Bosch and read all of Connelly's books, not just the Bosch series. I'll have to wait until November for the new book.

12. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

I've not watched anything on IMDB TV yet. How intrusive are the commercial breaks during the shows?

13. Klavier

Klavier Forum Resident

It's been a while since I watched it, but as I recall they are similar to typical commercial breaks on networks such as NBC but a little shorter--the frequency depends on the length of the show. The downside is that you can't fast forward through them.

Craig and rmath84 like this.
  14. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

The Bosch: Legacy series looks very interesting. I really enjoyed the Bosch series other than the final episode which I thought was rushed and not very believable. Too bad it's on IMDB with commercials. Hopefully in the future when the series is on demand there will not be any commercials. Too bad it's not on Amazon Prime.

smilin ed likes this.
  15. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

Since Amazon owns IMDB, hopefully, the series will migrate over to Prime after its initial run on IMDB. I have no interest in watching with the commercials imbedded.

gabbleratchet7, maui jim and Bill Mac like this.
  16. maui jim

maui jim Forum Resident

I’m in no matter. Lived with commercials whole life.

17. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

So true. But after a few years of Netflix and Prime one gets used to having no commercials.

18. leemelone

leemelone Forum Resident

For anyone who doesn't have Prime, all 7 seasons of Bosch have just become available for free (w/ commercials) on IMDBTV newly rebranded Freevee service.

maui jim and Bhob like this.
  19. Rycherocker634

Rycherocker634 Forum Resident

It is not the commercials per se but the timing of them on the cheaper Hulu option that I find distracting.

20. Bhob

Bhob Forum Resident

And well worth the watch.

rockclassics and smilin ed like this.
  21. maui jim

maui jim Forum Resident

Not sure about new name. Sounds like something one of my grandsons would giggle on about.

mdm08033 likes this.
  22. Bhob

Bhob Forum Resident

It's a continuation of the show after Bosch leaves the LA PD at the end of season 7.

maui jim likes this.
  23. Speedmaster

Speedmaster We’re all walking through this darkness on our own

Too bad IMDBtv is not available in most EU countries.

24. maui jim

maui jim Forum Resident

I meant the change in name of the app.

25. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

It's too bad the Bosch series did not continue on Prime without commercials.

rogertheshrubber likes this.