Bosch TV series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Peace N. Love, Jul 24, 2015.

1. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

I didn’t think the acting was all that hot either, but I’ll try another episode.

GodShifter likes this.
  2. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I’d honestly say if it didn’t hit you immediately, abandon ship.

It’s not that great.

Sorry, Bosch fans.

jon9091 likes this.
  3. dsf

dsf Well-Known Member

Best show on Prime. Pretty good adaptation of the books which are my favorite series.

4. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Got three episodes left to watch of Season 6 of Justified. Great show. Will miss it.

5. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

You need to give it a lot longer than 1 episode. It’s a slow burner based on 2 books with multiple story arcs. You wouldn’t stop watching Game Of Thrones after 1 episode either.

steelydanguy and unclefred like this.
  6. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

We just finished season one, and I agree with your sentiment. Personally, Bosch seems quite portrayed as the office lone wolf and he has only a couple of marginal allies and quite a bit of disdain was shown for him by the beat cops. I find often with series that initially grab you at the first look they can pretty quickly go stale or completely implode in the second season. I' expecting even a better season two.

Brenald79 likes this.
  7. jhw59

jhw59 Forum Resident

Absolutely! The latest season wasn't my favorite but still very watchable. I believe it will be back for another series.

rogertheshrubber likes this.
  8. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

Welliver looks [to me] like a 15 year older Giovanni Ribisi from Amazon's other show Sneaky Pete.

9. jon9091

Yep, I watched another one. As soon as he hooked up with that female cop I knew this was a stinker. Totally cliche and unbelievable.

GodShifter likes this.
  10. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

So you’re bailing on the show because Bosch slept with another cop? Connelly was a crime reporter for 12 years before he wrote his first novel. He interviews dozens of cops for background research for each of his novels, and cops are well known to have very divorce rates.

11. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

I haven't read any of the books but overall find that this is a pretty good series. By no means perfect but it has its moments and is very enjoyable. The characters are interesting and creditable and the plots aren't "revealed" in the first five minutes of the first episode. I am looking forward to the next season.

12. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

So divorced cops aren't eunuchs?

13. jon9091

Well there’s the poor acting and writing too. It was ridiculously unbelievable. I know they wanted him to be the tough guy, lone wolf, drinking and smoking detective who never calls for backup or follows procedure...but anyone who would talk like that to their boss would be fired. And no detective would grab a deceased person to have a look before the crime scene was properly processed. I’m glad you guys enjoy it. It wasn’t for me.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    GodShifter likes this.
  14. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

I have to say that I thought series 3, 4 and 5 way better than 1 and, especially, 2. The only actor who annoys me is Lance Reddick. I find his style kind of flat.

15. DesertChaos

DesertChaos Forum Resident

We started the series just a little while back and after a couple episodes of season one I almost bailed as I found it a little flat. Mrs DC wanted to stick with it a bit so I just made it a show I watch with her while I'm on the exercise bike. Now, we're almost done season 4 and I'm liking it a lot more, getting some of the nuance and development of the characters. I can't see myself ever thinking it's a "great" show, but it is better than a lot of the other stuff these days.

16. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Just keeps getting better. We're halfway thru S4 and surprised that the writers have kept coming up with believable, but not over the top, fairly original scripts. Personally, Welliver strikes me as a bit of a 1 note actor, not to say he's bad at all, he's very good within his range. Supporting actors and writing make the show IMHO. Love Maddy, Billlets, Irving, J Edgar. Definitely shares some DNA with The Wire

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    steelydanguy and robertawillisjr like this.
  17. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I got the new Connelly book The Night Fire. It’s the 2nd Bosch book with the new character Rennee Ballard. As usually, it’s going to be in my top 1 or 2 books of the year. Good times ahead for the tv show with the high quality of his new books.

18. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I've read just about all of the Michael Connelly Bosch books. I find the Bosch series to be very good. Watched the first four seasons and look forward to starting season five.

19. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident

I hope this show comes back, it was the best thing about amazon prime and Sneaky Pete, also the free mailing option for $ 125 a year.

Quadboy likes this.
  20. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Season 6 is coming out sometime in April and the 7th and final season has been confirmed.

mooseman, Quadboy, Bachtoven and 2 others like this.
  21. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

Final.... No!!!!

Quadboy likes this.
  22. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

Season 6 trailer :edthumbs:

23. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

April 17

Unfortunately The Lincoln Lawyer is most likely not released in 2020. Michael Connelly has the same level of involvement for The Lincoln Lawyer as an executive producer as he has with Bosch. I’d assume there’s a good chance it will be just as good of a series.

Athalwolf likes this.
  24. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

Bosch Spinoff Announcement!!

25. Athalwolf

Athalwolf Tu be or not tu be? That is the question.

Bosch season 6 drops tomorrow. Yahoo! :pineapple: