Bosch TV series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Peace N. Love, Jul 24, 2015.

1. rmath84

rmath84 Forum Resident

I'm late to the party on this show but I'm enjoying the LA feel of it. I see they've won awards for the location team and they do pick some great locations. The usual Echo Park and Santa Monica Palisades but also Crossroads of the World and the entrance to Bronson Caves. Lots of bar exteriors with neon signs and old style restaurant with red leather booths. I can't agree with some of his food choices though. Poquito Más isn't the best Mexican takeout in LA. Or maybe it's just a running gag.

2. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I’m watching S.W.A.T. now and love it. It takes place in the same universe as The Shield.

3. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man

Just on opposite "ends" of this universe :laugh:

Bachtoven and Brenald79 like this.
  4. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Do you think cops always eat at the best restaurants? Location and price play a huge part in it.

Poquito Mas pretty decent. Is it LA's best? No. Would I drive across the city to get there? No. But if I were close at lunchtime, I'd be happy to go.

rmath84 likes this.
  5. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Variety said they were considering a Crate and Barrel spinoff titled "Which One's Crate?" It's not clear what happened to that.

ex_mixer, mooseman and Joshua Tree like this.
  6. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident

I’ve watch all the seasons except this new one, I canceled my prime membership. Is there a way to watch this season without paying $120 for prime?

7. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Wait until they offer you a free trial then binge it.

mooseman likes this.
  8. rmath84

rmath84 Forum Resident

Covid madness. I can see cops drinking at Boardner’s, a popular filming spot anyway. The cops didn't eat at Pacific Dining Car, the politicians did. I regret never eating there but had many great meals at Musso & Frank's. A martini please. Good choice sir.

I worked IT at Universal and had several bad lunches at Poquito Mas. We usually went to the Mom and Pop nearby on Cahuenga.

9. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

You could have a friend or family sign up to Amazon and then they get a 30 day free trial.

mooseman likes this.
  10. ex_mixer

ex_mixer Senior Member

Bosch was very enjoyable. If you love police procedural dramas and don't mind subtitles, this one is very, very good. Well written, gripping story and excellent acting.

The Bridge Bron/Broen
    Bron/Broen (The Bridge)
    Detectives from Denmark and Sweden join forces to catch a killer when a body is discovered on a bridge that connects the two countries.
    Wife and I are almost finished with season one and we are on the edge of our seats.

11. Kamaaina1

Kamaaina1 Kanikapila!

Anyone anticipating season 7 of Bosch? Possible release April 2021??

12. maui jim

maui jim Forum Resident

I am. Last season correct? Don’t know why. There so much source material to continue

13. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Scott222C likes this.
  14. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

According to Michael Connelly, that was entirely an Amazon decision. The actors and Connelly were willing to keep things going.

ZoSoUK and maui jim like this.
  15. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

It probably all comes down to money. Either the show is too expensive to produce or its is not bringing in enough revenue/ making enough profit.

sound chaser, GodShifter and maui jim like this.
  16. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

When it comes to streaming content, it's very hard to determine WHY a show gets the boot. A) They don't release streaming numbers; B) They aren't selling commercials with the content. So a title's value is mostly for things like how many new users does it bring, how much does it reduce subscriber churn, prestige, the politics of other deals with the same producer, etc.

rockclassics likes this.
  17. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

18. Joseph LeVie

Joseph LeVie Forum Resident

I can’t wait, but, I watched Season Six way to quickly.

19. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

Sad there’s only one more short season

20. Joseph LeVie

Well, I’ve tried to recruit everyone I know to watch it.

Kamaaina1 likes this.
  21. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Bosch is unquestionably one of the tent poles of Amazon's self-generated content. It gets very good reviews and it has very devoted viewers.

But the question Amazon is going to ask themselves is: is Bosch part of the current water cooler discussion in a way that's either bringing more viewers to our platform, or else preventing viewers from leaving our platform?

I couldn't even begin to answer those questions as an outsider. Amazon is almost entirely data driven, so they know pretty much precisely how important new episodes of Bosch are to the platform and to the continued success of prime.

I'm sure at this point it would make no difference at all if you can recruit more friends to watch Bosch, even if you magnify that times a million, unless all those people are new subscribers that are coming on board specifically for Bosch.

There is, of course, also a cost element involved. And, typically, costs go up every season or at least every few seasons, as contracts get renegotiated.

Because this content is glued to a particular platform, the producer, in this case Amazon, is also not guided by ideas of how many episodes you need for successful syndication. in the past, and still, for long-running shows on network television, there's a magic number of 100 to correlate to successful syndication packages. although, because a lot of content is now being streamed through licenses and not being sold to stations that need to fill airtime in particular markets, that hundred episode magic number is probably also falling away.

ZoSoUK and mrjinks like this.
  22. Joseph LeVie

Sadly, you are right, but, I pray season seven brings in the numbers to continue. Especially, if the creators/writers/actors/crew are interested.

23. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

24. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I'm currently on S5. Not liking it as much as past seasons.

I haven't read any of books, but it seems that Bosch goes through several different career moves during the series. He also gets significantly older (or does he?). I dunno. I think, like almost any successful series, there comes a time to call it. Seven seasons seems reasonable for this series. I mean you could do a "Dexter" and go on too long, so better to keep the quality where it is and be happy with the show's good reviews and success.

25. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

Maybe it's because Amazon's production of the new Lord of the Rings is sucking all the money away leaving none for other series?

I've binged on all seasons of Bosch - get a big kick when he's spinning jazz on his rig. Like his 'take no sh#t attitude'. :righton:

ZoSoUK, chrischerm, Athalwolf and 2 others like this.