Boston vinyl shopping

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by ashulman, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danby Delight

Danby Delight Forum Resident

Yeah, Looney Tunes is open. Those other stores have literally been open for years! You might have also missed Deep Thoughts in JP, which has been around long enough that they've both opened and closed a satellite shop in Central Square.

Speaking of Central, Cheapo Records seems to be finally entering the 21st century: there's been a lot of stock turnover and they're starting to sell some new LPs. The name is still a bit ironic, but it's nice to see some movement in there.

2. Lebowski

Lebowski Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!

Armageddon Shop is pretty cool. The owner is really nice. They also have a location in Providence. Like the article says, they specialize in metal and punk, but you can find some decent buys on classic rock and jazz. I found a sweet copy of Led Zep Presence there for like 9 or 10 bucks, and my daughter likes to look through the 2.99 bin. (although sometimes she's a bit scared by the music they play, or the record covers on display, LOL)

3. Danby Delight

Danby Delight Forum Resident

Armageddon in general has really good prices, especially on used. But the best thing is that they lifted the ceiling during the remodeling before they opened. So unlike when that space was Twisted Village, I can actually stand upright in the store!

4. pat mcgrath

pat mcgrath Forum Resident

Open.That web site was not meant to be posted. I'll have to look into it.16 Harvard Ave.Through the courtyard and into the basement.12 to 8 seven days a week.617-549-5067 for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.