Band On the Run 2010 vinyl question

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by aoxomoxoa, Mar 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky Thread Starter

Anyone have the recent vinyl reissue on HEAR MUSIC label? Does it sound good and are there bonus tracks from One Hand Clapping?

2. aoxomoxoa

Wow, I ask a Beatles related question and get no answer???? Unbelieveable.

3. Calico

Calico Senior Member

Don't know how it sounds but it comes as a double LP and the second CD corresponds to the second CD of the set.

4. aoxomoxoa

I wonder how it compares to the 24/96 version. I am sure it is digitally sourced.

5. GroovinGarrett

GroovinGarrett Mrs. Stately's Garden

Cut from digital by Steve Rooke at Abbey Road. The packaging is nice, but the LP's are no great shakes, somewhat cold sounding compared to the original UK pressing. My set came with a download code for 320k mp3 files.

6. aoxomoxoa

Thanks Garrett!

7. Sheik Yerbouti

Sheik Yerbouti Senior Member

Got the 2010 vinyl reissue just the other day. It sounds very good and I was quite surprised that the same goes for the "One Hand Clapping" bonus tracks. The performance itself is pretty decent.

8. hazard

hazard Forum Resident

2010 remaster sounds good, better than the Capitol 25th anniversary LP. The 2010 remaster appears to be cut from 24/96k files. The Capitol is cut from 16 or 24 bit /44k files. My needle drop shows clear digital cut-off 22k.

Luckily I got a UK original -1 matrix LP cheap a few weeks ago, $12!!! It is easily better than the the 2010 remaster. But then again, I have been looking for a cheap UK edition for years. Sure you can get one on eBAY, but it won't be too cheap.

9. hitmanhart408

hitmanhart408 Forum Resident

sorry for going off topic but I can't find anything using the search function or google....

i'm looking for some opinions on the Band on the Run LP reissue. Should I pick it up or should I stay far away from it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.