[Box Set] Danny Elfman/Tim Burton 25th Anniversary Music Box

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by nukevor, Sep 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Mine is coming, too.

2. GuruAskew

GuruAskew Forum Resident

Warner Bros. didn't provide tracking numbers but if you want to track your package you can use your order number via UPS's "Track by reference" feature.

3. GuruAskew

GuruAskew Forum Resident

Note to the producers of the Elfman/Burton box set:

If the consultant who works on the interface for the USB throws a detailed bill/invoice to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars on said USB in a folder called "trashes" make sure it actually ends up in the "trashes" as opposed to being left intact on something that will be sent to thousands of customers.

4. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Got it yesterday. It's mammoth! :eek:

5. readandburn

readandburn Active Member

Hahahaha! :laugh:

6. liv3evil

liv3evil Forum Resident

Can anyone who happened to purchase this comment on the overall fidelity? I think the physical set itself is plagued with issues, but I'm really curious about the audio quality.

7. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

I'll second that. Rather than a book shelf edition, this one needs its own book shelf. I just received my copy from Best Buy (ordered 11/28 for $445) and it shipped today in a massive box appropriate for its girth. Appears to have been well-packaged. As for the limited edition version, I'm content to save $55 on list price even though my set wasn't autographed. :D

Now, with this, the Beach Boy, Pink Floyd, Rush, Nirvana, U2 and Jethro Tull box sets, how the Hell am I ever going to find time to play all of this music...:angel:

8. csampson

csampson Forum Resident

I recall that there were quite a number of complaints about the quality of workmanship for the first run of this set. How does the quality appear for this set?

9. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

The box this set is stored in is very well constructed, and none of the insides shifted during shipping. I don't recall the 'quality control" complaints about the first run to be able to compare.

10. csampson

csampson Forum Resident

I had read that many of the Zoetrope's were poorly glued together and had come apart in their boxes. I had lucked out recently and was able to get all of the CD's in their sleeves from this set for $100 so I'll probably just stick with that for now and hope that I see this in the future as an Amazon deal or some other discounted sale item.

11. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I refuse to buy this box set for the following reasons:

1. It's far too expensive for what you're getting.

2. Haphazard presentation of each film's material spread across bonus disc(s) and a USB stick. They could have easily re-organized things to put each film's bonus tracks on that film's CD and eliminated the stupid USB stick all together.

The concept is great, but the execution is awful. I love Danny Elfman's work, but I'm going to take a pass on this and stick with the commercially available score albums.

12. GregM

GregM The expanding man

13. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

14. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

15. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

16. nukevor

nukevor Active Member Thread Starter

Just saw this...

Even with $100 off, still not worth the price (May 7-14)
    http://www.burtonelfman.com/

Betcha they will keep updating this box when a few more Burton-Elfman films come out in the next few years...

17. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I'd buy it if they:

1. Dropped the price to $300
    2. Re-configured the contents to be more logical (IE: every track from a specific film on its own 2-disc set instead of spread across a bonus disc and USB drive)
    3. Put standard jewel cases in a simple outer box and ditched the stupid packaging.

18. boots

boots Chokma!

I've heard this set, they really sound good. Like you Paul I just can't get past that packaging and the price is a bit much.

19. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I'd rather be able to pick and choose my favorites.

20. yamfox

yamfox Forum Resident

Was it really remastered by Elfman?
    His hearing issues are well known at this point.

21. whisper3978

whisper3978 Forum Resident

The mastering is crazy loud, actually. It's like they just uniformly cranked the volume on everything, no matter what was happening in the cue. It's worse for the older scores.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.