Brand: Vinyl storage solutions

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Justme87, Nov 13, 2020.

1. hitmanhart408

hitmanhart408 Forum Resident

yep, I learned this after I received the sleeves. Only slightly annoyed but I needed the larger sleeves for other records anyway so I'm not upset about it. I'd be interested in a third size for the one step (and AP UHQR if possible) once you come up with it.

2. kethdredd

kethdredd Forum Resident

Just ordered 2 different kinds based on this thread. I'm really curious about the tuckable flaps because I hate the resealable sleeves but I find dust gets on my records with the open sleeves.

I'm also curious about how the 2 pocket sleeves work. Do you put your record in one and the sleeve in the other?

3. vss

vss Well-Known Member

This video might help you. Thanks for your order.

JohnBlutarski and kethdredd like this.
  4. vss

vss Well-Known Member

I'm actually working on a square bottom outer sleeve for 1 steps. If you could send me the measurements in mm and the name of the box set, that would be great! [email protected]
    Thanks
    Mike

JohnBlutarski likes this.
  5. vss

vss Well-Known Member

Thanks! If you could send me sizes of your 1 steps in mm and the name of the box set, that would be great!
    Mike

6. Hogues

Hogues Forum Resident

I’m sorry, I just packed them up last weekend in preparation for a home remodeling project.

7. RaggaMuffin

RaggaMuffin Well-Known Member

Hi Mike, do you still need one step dimensions?

8. vss

vss Well-Known Member

Yes, please. I need the title of the release and the sizes in mm.
    You can email them to me [email protected]
    Thanks!

RaggaMuffin likes this.
  9. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Ah yes, unexplained acronyms are always awesome.

10. RaggaMuffin

Done, email sent

Hogues likes this.
  11. Blurry

Blurry Forum Resident

As of today these [brilliant] sleeves are available in Europe from Mint Sleeves

Free delivery on orders over £100 or €120

I usually go for the 12" and 13" 4mil dual pocket, dual flap outers and also the 2mil dual pocket resealable outers - it's a bit disappointing that these aren't on the new site. Especially as ordering from Canada to Europe is now not possible.

Hopefully they'll expand the range that they offer over time.

Good to see the 2 and 3mil inners on there though, with bulk options available.

12. vss

vss Well-Known Member

Hi
    Since they are just launching, they couldn't offer everything immediately. Please email them about items that you'd like them to carry. The 2 mil product will be phased out by the end of this year, so they won't be carrying it.
    Thanks for your support and patience.
    Mike

Blurry and gabbleratchet7 like this.
  13. vss

vss Well-Known Member

The Photographic Activity Test, widely known as the PAT, is an International Standard in itself: ISO 18916. The PAT explores the possibility of chemical interactions between photographs and a given material after prolonged contact. It uses two special detectors. One detector screens for oxidation and reduction reactions which can cause image fade, silver mirroring, and red or gold spots. The other detector, screens for chromophores –compounds that can cause yellowing of the support. All materials must pass the PAT to be considered photo-safe.

RaggaMuffin likes this.
  14. vss

vss Well-Known Member

Thanks!

RaggaMuffin likes this.
  15. vss

vss Well-Known Member

eddiel and RaggaMuffin like this.
  16. RaggaMuffin

Great news!

17. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Is this still the plan Mike?

I guess the 4mils are more popular :) I use both. Might stock up on a few bundle of 2mils though.

18. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I was looking for some cd sleeves and actually thought to myself that it would be very handy if you made them so this is welcome news. Same thing goes for the box set sleeves.

19. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

I’ve used both and IMO it’s not worth saving the incremental $ on 2mil anyway. The 4mil is really robust and archive worthy.

20. rangda

rangda Forum Resident

I use the 2 mil sleeves to cover the interior pages of gatefolds with built in booklets. For example the UK Living in the Past. The 4 mil sleeves would be too thick for this application. I'd like to see a 2 mil resealable hang around just for this, although it would not need the 2nd pocket.

21. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

Wanna know what I think about VSS products? I hate them.

Wanna know why?

I bought about a hundred of them, some for 7", some inners and outers for 12" records.

And now I want do my whole collection!! So I need about 5,000 more! :)

Seriously, these are GREAT products, especially the 4 mil dual pocket resealables. Once they're on, it's like pulling a brand new record right off your shelf.

vss and Spazotron3000 like this.
  22. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

Awesome news Mike.
    I am really looking forward to your Box Set sleeves!
    Hoping my One-Step boxes will be finger print free soon!

23. vss

vss Well-Known Member

The 2 mil multi-functional is a better option and thinner for this application. I have significant stock in this item and I might continue to offer it for this purpose. Thanks for the feedback! Mike

24. vss

vss Well-Known Member

I have had a lot of request for this item. I'm making a few changes to the design and hope to go into production shortly. Thanks

eddiel likes this.
  25. James Glennon

James Glennon Senior Member

I am thinking 4 mil x 1,000... is that not taking up a lot of space?

4mil x 1,000 = 4,000 mils = 157 inches = 13 feet of space.

Am I calculating this correctly?

JG