Britney Spears may never again perform live

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by BradOlson, May 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Culpa

Culpa Forum Resident

She's in her 30s, yes? Every darn middle-aged and senior citizen performer who claims to have retired ends up making some kind of comeback, I'm sure we'll being seeing her again at some point.

SITKOL'76 likes this.
  2. Crack To The Egg

Crack To The Egg Forum Resident

I saw her live show last year and I am fairly certain most, if not all, of her vocals were prerecorded. Her backup dancers did a lot of dragging her around the dance floor. Her movements were not practical dynamic. I didn’t get the impression she wanted to be there. At times I wondered how coherent she was. It’s a show that someone 20-30 years older than her could have pulled off.

I’m not looking to dog her. Quite the opposite, I’m glad she’s taking the time. She’s obviously very troubled and I hope she’s working on her mental health.

RobCos02330 likes this.
  3. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

A manager shouldn't be giving an interview about a client unless instructed to do so, and certainly not about mental health issues.

If he was my manager this morning he'd be my ex-manager by midnight.

4. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

She’s in a conservatorship...I doubt she can make decisions like firing a manager.

5. Trader Joe

Trader Joe Forum Resident

I am sorry to hear this news. Hopefully this is only temporary. She is a great performer and has brought joy to many.

Rfreeman likes this.
  6. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

I'm not particularly a fan, but I do hope her ship gets righted. Mental health struggles are no joke.

Dan

Michael Rose, tin ears and MRamble like this.
  7. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

Well the Beatles said this in 1966. It didn't stop them going on and making a lot more, and increasingly good, music. The only Britney Spears' record I own is her last one, 'Glory' (2016), and I have to say it's a pretty good album. Perhaps she'll go on and produce more, and even better, music. Who knows?

8. TeacFan

TeacFan Forum Resident In Memoriam

Hope she has a good financial plan/planner in place.
    When your a cottage industry the roof better not leak.

9. Jarleboy

Jarleboy Music was my first love

How sad, what a pity. (Quote from the "FARRINGTON" TV show, uttered by Angela Thorne.)

It truly is sad if she is unable to perform live, but I can´t say that I shall miss her.

10. Finch Platte

Finch Platte Lettme Rundatt Bayou

Did anyone see her on an episode or two of How I Met Your Mother? I really enjoyed her acting, and she was way cuter than I had imagined (cough cough).

Rfreeman likes this.
  11. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

Man, you folks are brutal. I hope she’s getting the help she needs.

12. johnny 99

johnny 99 Down On Main Street

13. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

I would have thought the very least people would say is that they wish her well and hope that she is able of making a comeback some day. It takes zero sympathy, empathy or fellow feeling to wish her that much. What did she ever do wrong other than dress as a schoolgirl and record a handful of okay singles?

14. SizzleVonSizzleton

Fair enough is this specific case. My second sentence was as much to underline my first.

15. SizzleVonSizzleton

There was NOTHING 'wrong' about that!

16. swandown

swandown Under Assistant West Coast Forum Resident

A manager shouldn't be saying melodramatic crap like "she may never sing again" -- unless it's part of a publicity stunt. (And I very much doubt that this situation is a publicity stunt, considering Britney's known mental health issues.)

This whole situation is sad.

SizzleVonSizzleton likes this.
  17. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

You’ll not meet a more curmudgeonly, critical, smart ass than me. But our daughter suffers from significant mental health issues, and if Britney Spears’ life is one tenth of the hell that our daughter’s is, I wish her nothing but peace and serenity. Mental health problems can be brutal. That’s all I’ve got to say.

18. Talisman954

Talisman954 Forum Resident

Dude I can’t imagine you jamming to Hit Me Baby One More Time. Lol
    But like you say let’s hope she takes the time out she clearly needs.

mark winstanley likes this.
  19. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

My wife wanted to go to Vegas when her show was going on and the timing never worked out. I would have actually been OK tagging along, even though generally speaking she is not my bag. Hopefully she can find some measure of peace.

20. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

I look awesome in a miniskirt ... well as long as there are tights covering the hairy legs lol

RSteven, Talisman954 and Hooperfan like this.
  21. Spaceboy

Spaceboy Senior Member

She is a dancer too,though. That is a big part of her performance.

22. SITKOL'76

SITKOL'76 Forum Resident

That's heartbreaking, I hope she's taking great care of herself and does what's best for her but I would be lying if I said this news wasn't sad to me.

23. jlykos

jlykos Forum Resident

I give Brittney all the credit in the world. She has always struck me as an extremely nice, good person who has some challenges just like the rest of us. The difference being that she has been in the public eye almost continuously since she was a young girl, a level of scrutiny that would crack the best of us. She has worked very hard to get to where she is in life and has earned the right to do whatever she wants. She doesn't owe anybody anything and is a true role model for being so strong throughout all of this. Regardless of what somebody thinks of her music, she simply cannot be anything but praised as a person.

I wish her nothing but the best in life. She has proven herself stronger than anybody else would think.

Marble Index likes this.
  24. Jarleboy

Jarleboy Music was my first love

Sorry - I didn´t read any more than the headline, and I didn´t take in that this was for real. I am definitely not a fan, but if she is having mental problems, I am really sorry. I wouldn´t wish that on my worst enemy, and she is certainly nothing like that. I hope she gets better, and that she may get back to performing - if that what she wants to do.

25. Talisman954

Talisman954 Forum Resident

I’m going to try and not imagine a big Genesis fan in a mini skirt. Lol

mark winstanley likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.