Bruce Soord (Pineapple Thief) 2nd solo album "All This Will Be Yours" (Oct 25/19)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DesertChaos, Aug 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grahamstuartcanada

Grahamstuartcanada We play two kinds of music “new” and “wave”

Seems like strong words if you ask me...referring to any one as parody or poor man's version seems overly simplistic and overly harsh.
    Steve W has had an amazing run as band member, solo artist, album remixer and no one can say they are unimpressed by his many achievements.
    I am just saying don't cheapen the accomplishments of Bruce though.
    Bruce has achieved lots and is uber talented from what I can tell.
    As I said earlier taste is subjective...
    That I prefer Bruce S solo record to Steve W's is my choice. If I prefer Pineapple to Porcupine...and i do again it comes down to personal taste.
    I am okay with those who prefer Steve Wilson, but to say Bruce is a parody really just pxsses me off...I am pretty sure that most fans here havent put themselves out there as artists and if they did being called a parody or a poor man's blank would be pretty insulting

eric777 likes this.
  2. denesis

denesis Forum Resident

Please reread the wording, as I tried to choose carefully. I said Bruce's *résumé* reads like a parody of SW, not Bruce himself or his music. If I thought Bruce's music couldn't stand on its own, then I wouldn't own the majority of his back catalog and be ordering Versions of the Truth. The only reference I made to the music itself was having some fun with the coincidence between the lyrical content on the the title track of To The Bone and the title of the forthcoming Pineapple Thief album. I should also add that SW didn't even write the lyrics to that song. The spoken word intro "...There isn't just one single truth, is there?" is a friend of Steven's, and the rest of the lyrics ("Truth is the icy clear stream we dream about drinking from...") are by Andy Partridge, surely a happy by-product of SW remixing several XTC albums.

Grahamstuartcanada likes this.
  3. Grahamstuartcanada

Grahamstuartcanada We play two kinds of music “new” and “wave”

Hey I just reread - sorry I should have read more clearly... sounds like me you are a Bruce fan

4. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

I can honestly say that I am a much bigger fan of Bruce Soord then I am with Steven Wilson. I’m also a bigger fan of his solo work then I am with The Pineapple Thief. The newest album is fantastic.

Grahamstuartcanada likes this.
  5. J_Surround

J_Surround Forum Resident

For those interested in the 5.1 surround mix, it's now available (this time as lossless 88.2/24 FLAC files) on Immersive Audio Album. Soord's 2015 self-titled album can also be purchased as a 5.1 download.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.