Bruce Springsteen - Live Archive Releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chris S., Aug 24, 2015.

1. musicaner

musicaner Forum Resident

SofP vs SG, thats a tough call but the worse bruce movie song has to be missing

2. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

They're all fine. I think "Streets" is a genuinely good song, and "Secret Garden" is okay. Not every song is meant to fit an arena show, and that's okay. But just explains why he doesn't play them even though they were "hits."

3. musicaner

musicaner Forum Resident

the wrestler is the only bruce movie song i like
    SG and SofP with the strings etc, are more 'band' songs than solo acoustic songs. they would have been a natural fit for the tour with the brucekestra.

someone posted on twitter that Bruce and E Street are getting up years and may not tour
    and Little Steve called the dude a 'motherfxcker"

4. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

767 songs total, 206 different ones:

Missing only 2 songs from his first 4 albums (Wild Billy's Circus Story and Streets of Fire), also heard all of Born in the USA and Devils and Dust live.

30 shows, not a single song played at all of them, fair to say that the top 3 have been played at (nearly) all E St Band shows:

Born to Run 26/30
    The Promised Land 24/30
    Badlands 23/30
    The Rising 21/30
    Dancing in the Dark 19/30

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    Craig likes this.
  5. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Missing is 20 times better than Streets of Philadelphia. He's taking chances with his sound, and I think he succeeds.
    Missing also doesn't have tat horrible whispered vocal style. Slip this skiiiiiin

bonzo59 likes this.
  6. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

And here I've heard Wild Billy's Circus Story twice live (both in Charlotte). I'm only missing Sandy for an entire Wild, Innocent...

adm62 likes this.
  7. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

But "Missing" has never been played live, I don't think.

Plenty of airings for "You're Missing", which seems to be the song that it morphed into.

8. musicaner

musicaner Forum Resident

Missing is better than You re Missing with those weird 'sgt pepper' loop sounds.
    Isnt Missing (and Lift Me Up) part of that hip hop unreleased Bruce album?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  9. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

never heard about that................

10. INSW

INSW Senior Member

Streets of Philadelphia is one of a few truly great post-TOL songs. A handfull off Joad, Dead Man Walking, LOHAD, The Rising, The Hitter, The Wrestler, maybe a couple others.

budwhite likes this.
  11. bobfan

bobfan Forum Resident

I couldn't say, as that would be personal preference and would depend on what you want from a live performance. They're just different.

12. bobfan

bobfan Forum Resident

In Springsteen terms, yes a lot of that material would be overly familiar to his fans. Admittedly, opening the set with a ten minute, slow, song, is pretty cool. Much better than Stayin' Alive.

13. Girlpower

Girlpower Senior Member

Long walk home and Devil's arcade = a couple of others.

14. bobfan

bobfan Forum Resident

15. musicaner

musicaner Forum Resident

well, 'supposedly there is an unreleased Bruce 'hip hop' album. An unreleased Bruce country album, an unreleased
    Bruce "Dylan covers album"......and, the yet to be released"New" album.
    The hardcore Bruce types can clarify for me.

Mr. D and Flaming Torch like this.
  16. musicaner

musicaner Forum Resident

"the hitter" oy vey. was that even officially released?

17. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

It was on Devils And Dust. It was also, oddly, covered by Tom Jones a few years later.

18. musicaner

musicaner Forum Resident

Tom Jones improved it.

walrus likes this.
  19. FingerPickin'Triumph

FingerPickin'Triumph Forum Resident

I have also heard he had worked on a gospel record around the time of Lucky Town/Human Touch.

20. screechmartin

screechmartin Senior Member

This disagreement started with you saying that you didn't like Springsteen's cover of "Staying Alive." I think you are wrong about that. I think it is an inspired cover, but I get it: you don't like it. However, you then went on to assert that Young, Morrison & Dylan change up their set list on the fly, take requests from the audience, develop songs for local audiences, and, on occassion, just flat out wing it, in the same way that Springsteen does pretty regularly. As the saying goes, you are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.

stevelucille and Oatsdad like this.
  21. INSW

INSW Senior Member

Maybe, but it's great song to begin with.

Flaming Torch likes this.
  22. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

I do not follow Bruce live shows post the Christic shows much anymore. Is Sandy now a real rarity in set lists?
    Bit off the wall. Been going through my old rock books. Any reason to keep Dave Marsh's Born to Run from 1979 or Patrick Humphries's Blinded by the Light 1985. I have not read either in years.
    Also is there a Bruce official albums on hi res or any res downloads thread anywhere?
    Thanks.

23. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

I am at coffee just catching up on this thread but I am not sure if a Bruce hip hop album is not just a late April fool joke! The others well maybe along with a gospel album.

24. INSW

INSW Senior Member

The hip-hop album was a rumor that started in the late 90s, most likely it was just drum loops stuff like Streets of Philadelphia, Gypsy Woman, and Missing. But who knows.

25. musicaner

musicaner Forum Resident

the hip hop album is supposed to have been produced by the bass player from the tragic band.