Bruce Springsteen - Live Archive Releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chris S., Aug 24, 2015.

1. Adam Bosman

Adam Bosman Forum Resident

I didn't realize it was a 6 week gap between shows (not 4). I'd agree/hope it's the Tempe complete show to tie w/ the River. It would make sense and be awesome.

2. dee

dee Senior Member

Hoping for something from the '81 shows to complement the box set. If I'm putting my $ into an already inflated price for this box set that already includes most of the Tempe concert audio/video, fwiw, I would hope for something else related to River tour audio for the $10 or so download price.

rcb30 likes this.
  3. mikeja75

mikeja75 Forum Resident

Since Tempe is mastered from the multi tracks, I would assume that this would receive a general/wider release than being dumped as part of the Archive series. I would think that Sony wouldn't want him to relegate such a great sounding recording to the internet as well -- they can market the separate audio release and tie it in with the big River box that has (most) of the video from the Tempe show....help 'em sell a few more of those expensive box sets.

However, it wouldn't surprise me to see some other River show released next in the archive series, but nothing in the world of Bruce makes sense so I wouldn't be surprised to see the next one come from the HT/LT tour or the Magic tour or back to the Born To Run days. It makes to much sense to drop another River show in the kitty to tie in with the box...

dee likes this.
  4. Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith Forum Resident

Sounds like you are suggesting Bruce is taking a similar approach as the Stones are with their archival release - make a few live shows available for download and see what the response is and then release physical copies to the general public several mths later. If that is the case - it would be interesting to see if there is any actual footage of these shows that he could also release with the audio.

5. uncle

uncle Senior Member

I have read that the mix from 80 on represent how Bruce wanted the live show to sound and it represents how it sounded to people there. I don't know how true that is but since that seems to be the case for all the shows post 1980 it would appear to have some merit. The guitars are all lower in the mix than the 75 and 78 shows.

Adam Bosman likes this.
  6. Ivand

Ivand Forum Resident

Is there a significant difference between the hirez and FLAC files on these shows? For the price of the 24/96 version I can buy two shows in FLAC/ALAC format.

Thanks

7. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

superstar19 and JAuz like this.
  8. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

The latest show is now up: St Louis 2008

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band - August 23, 2008 Scottrade Center, St. Louis, MO

• 1.THEN SHE KISSED ME
    • 2.RADIO NOWHERE
    • 3.OUT IN THE STREET
    • 4.ADAM RAISED A CAIN
    • 5.SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT
    • 6.RENDEZVOUS
    • 7.FOR YOU
    • 8.MOUNTAIN OF LOVE
    • 9.BACKSTREETS
    • 10.GYPSY BIKER
    • 11.BECAUSE THE NIGHT
    • 12.SHE'S THE ONE
    • 13.LIVIN' IN THE FUTURE
    • 14.COVER ME
    • 15.MARY'S PLACE
    • 16.DRIVE ALL NIGHT
    • 17.THE RISING
    • 18.LAST TO DIE
    • 19.LONG WALK HOME
    • 20.BADLANDS
    • 21.GIRLS IN THEIR SUMMER CLOTHES
    • 22.JUNGLELAND
    • 23.DETROIT MEDLEY
    • 24.BORN TO RUN
    • 25.DANCING IN THE DARK
    • 26.AMERICAN LAND
    • 27.THUNDER ROAD
    • 28.LITTLE QUEENIE
    • 29.TWIST AND SHOUT

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  9. Adam Bosman

Adam Bosman Forum Resident

10. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

Can they start releasing shows that have not already been bootlegged before in great quality...

budwhite likes this.
  11. INSW

INSW Senior Member

Yeah, if there's still anyone out there that doesn't collect bootlegs, this is a great show to purchase. For the rest of us, the bootleg is A+ and I have to think the upgrade in sound will be marginal.

Scopitone likes this.
  12. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Good, another one I can pass on. Certainly there are a number of fans who dig his contemporary shows, but as far as the concert archives go, I am only interested in live stuff from the early-1970's through the early 1990's.

13. Randy5554

Randy5554 Forum Resident

From the samples, the official St Louis release seems much better than the IEM mix I listened to a few years ago.

14. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

I've actually purchased three of these CD sets (1980, '88, and '95) and I'm not even a Springsteen completist.

15. Mfj55

Mfj55 Forum Resident

Have to say, the upgrade on sound is significant. Wonderful separation and the crowd at the right levels. An excellent job by all. Glad I purchased this excellent show.

16. PacificOceanBlue

You don't mind the CD-Rs? Not that I ever prefer downloads, but I was very disappointed that Springsteen's camp did not figure out a way to make these silvers. Ended up with a few downloads.

rstamberg likes this.
  17. blueslover99

blueslover99 Forum Resident

I agree...I was very disappointed that they are CDRs. For the price that NUGS charges for the CDs, they certainly should be silver discs.

rstamberg and PacificOceanBlue like this.
  18. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

Sale time again. 50% off downloads. 25% off discs.

Scopitone and Ivand like this.
  19. Ivand

Ivand Forum Resident

I bought the 78 and the two shows from 1980 (downloads) this afternoon. I may buy another show given ongoing discount. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

marmil and Lewisboogie like this.
  20. PacificOceanBlue

The 1984 show is excellent and 1988 show is very good.

Clark V Kauffman and Ivand like this.
  21. INSW

INSW Senior Member

The 75 Tower show, Christic, and MetLife 3 and Philly 1 from last summer.

22. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

FourWalledWorld and joe1320 like this.
  23. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident

Thanks I put this on my list for the next 25% cds, as I am waiting on the last two in the post

24. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

No interest what so ever in newer shows.

Time for a 70s show that we didn't already have in decent quality. There must something new to us in the vault, right?

The vault series has been a major disappoint so far. Sound, mixing, mastering, choice of shows etc

gobillygo likes this.
  25. windfall

windfall Senior Member

A 10 and a half minute Waitin on a Sunny ay and a 12 and a half minute Twist and Shout. hmmmm... Think I will await something more vintage.