Bruce Springsteen - Live Archive Releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chris S., Aug 24, 2015.

1. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

I'm hoping this will be the case. As much as I'd love to see WInterland released, I'd be extremely happy with anything from the Meadowlands stand from '81 or even the 9/30/85 LA Coliseum show. Incidentally, just for the heck of it, I've done some research into what's been released via the Archive series against what's on the Live 1975-85 box and it seems that there are still a whopping 26 performances (out of 40 total) on the Live box (from ten different concerts) that have not seen an Archive release. Here's the breakdown (numbers next to the date indicate how many songs from this date were used on the Live box):

12/16/78 - 1
    12/28/80 - 3
    7/6/81 - 3
    7/8/81 - 2
    7/9/81 - 1
    8/6/84 - 2
    8/19/84 - 1
    8/19/85 - 4
    8/21/85 - 1
    9/30/85 - 8

superstar19, laf848 and Glenn coates like this.
  2. Guy Smiley

Guy Smiley America’s Favorite Game Show Host

It did OK for itself... I sure as hell loved it. Honestly, I enjoyed the Sessions band/album/concert I saw more than anything E Street related since the mid-80s.

But I understand it’s the E Street name/reputation/songs that sell tickets. America’s loss on not appreciating it more. We tend to be a rather closed-minded bunch in this country. It explains a few things.

3. PrineHootieWho2000

PrineHootieWho2000 Forum Resident

Time for something 2000s.

4. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I like the Seeger Sessions live album, although I'd never say I like it more than some of the E-Street shows I've seen in the last decade. But I usually like his diversions, and would be fine with more of them as long as they keep up a certain energy level.

5. Adam Schellin

Adam Schellin Forum Resident

I really hope we get a new show tomorrow.

SteveFff likes this.
  6. gobillygo

gobillygo Forum Resident

Thanks for this research
    I didn’t realize there are 10 source shows from Live that have yet to be archive-released

daveidmarx likes this.
  7. FingerPickin'Triumph

FingerPickin'Triumph Forum Resident

I will be very surprised if he releases anything on his birthday... to my knowledge it hasn't happened before... this is only a bit more hype worthy than the time a little over a month ago that a NUGS release delay prompted speculation that this would be an epic release....

8. uncle

uncle Senior Member

I am not expecting any sort of release today.

9. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I'll also be surprised, though I don't take the lack of prior birthday releases to mean much. This is the 1st milestone birthday Bruce has hit since the official downloads started, so it's clearly being seen differently by many than other birthdays...

daveidmarx and SteveFff like this.
  10. SteveFff

SteveFff Forum Mekonista

Yes, one need only look at Backstreets website to see all the Bruce 70th stuff going on. But, yea, I kinda feel like you do. I’m vaguely hopeful given all the 70th attention, but I’ll still be surprised. Guess we’ll know soon enough!

Oatsdad likes this.
  11. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I get the sense Bruce isn't wild about celebrating birthdays - and milestone birthdays probably bug him even more! :D

12. graveyardboots

graveyardboots Resident Patient

The thing is...they did just release the September 19, 1978 Capitol Theatre radio broadcast, which is both a legendary concert in Springsteen lore and a "birthday" show (even if it was performed a few days prior to his actual birthday). I'd love to be wrong but I don't see an archive release happening today.

Adam Bosman likes this.
  13. mikeja75

mikeja75 Forum Resident

I don't see July 7, 1978 on your list -- that was released in the archive series as well and 8 songs from that show were included on Live 75-85.

14. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

The point of the list is to illustrate the shows that have yet to see an Archive release. :)

budwhite likes this.
  15. mikeja75

mikeja75 Forum Resident

Well that makes perfect sense!

16. PrineHootieWho2000

PrineHootieWho2000 Forum Resident

Or the rumored Second set of tracks?

17. Jerjo

Jerjo Forum Resident

Is there any consensus on which of the shows at the Capitol Theatre is preferrable?

18. mikeja75

mikeja75 Forum Resident

Duh. Both.

Well...9/19 seems more focused and the band is on a mission while the 9/20 show is a bit more loose. Take your pick.

19. Dr. Zoom

Dr. Zoom Forum Resident

[​IMG]

I have a feeling his 29th was more fun

20. lambfan68

lambfan68 Forum Resident

So, that's a "No" on the special birthday release then.... Oh well.

21. marmil

marmil It's such a long story...

Kinda OT but I found this yesterday - it seems to be just some live '74 stuff, including a version of BTR with different lyrics. You might know about this stuff but it's new to me:

BRUCE 74.04.26

22. Mr. D

Mr. D Forum Resident

She's 65 now.

bobcat and Mike M like this.
  23. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

She jumped out of a cake? Nice

24. Dr. Zoom

Dr. Zoom Forum Resident

There's not nearly enough girls jumping out of cakes these days. We've lost our way.

25. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

I was looking at that picture thinking that if someone did that today, they would be sent off to die in solitude on Weinstein Island.

screechmartin, superstar19 and Mr. D like this.