Bruce Springsteen - Live Archive Releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chris S., Aug 24, 2015.

1. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

Because he is old!

OberonOz likes this.
  2. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

in theory assuming everyone involved is healthy, it shouldn’t affect the series. They implied in January that a full slate of shows had been picked out for the year, and while there’s multiple people involved in getting them out there, in the digital age none of them need to be in the same room at the same time. Obviously there are other factors here but technically there’s no reason these shouldn’t keep coming out.

quicksrt and Adam Schellin like this.
  3. Russ_B66

Russ_B66 Forum Resident

If you are looking for artwork for jewel case inserts, those are available. There is a person on the Backstreets BTX forum that does some for each new release. I personally download the FLAC files and burn cds too. I like having them in jewel cases with art and track lists.

HoundsOBurkittsville and Zoso88 like this.
  4. Zoso88

Zoso88 Forum Resident

Thank you!

Craig likes this.
  5. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

It's been an on going thing since the last tour with the E Street Band.
    He sounds very old and slurry when he talks. I don't think the 4h shows was a good thing for him and the band at that age. I think he paid a price for that.

Citrus likes this.
  6. Mike M

Mike M Forum Resident

For the first time (and the live Western Stars) you can really hear it in his voice, the voice of a much older man.

Feel like I'm right behind him.

7. screechmartin

screechmartin Senior Member

I saw him on British TV (Graham Norton Show) in October 2019 and he looked and sounded great. I had no doubts that he could have pulled off a 2 - 3 hour rock concert, even if he is going to have to change up the way he does things on stage---less running around, stage diving etc. However, I agree that he sounded a bit frail during the phone call, and the accompanying picture was awful. Wearing rimless glasses when you are over 60 adds at least 10 years.

Citrus likes this.
  8. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

me too....

9. Heart of Gold

Heart of Gold Forum Resident

He looks old as well.

10. powerq

powerq Forum Resident

Kitty's Back on Conan's show is my favorite Springsteen TV appearance.

11. Adam Schellin

Adam Schellin Forum Resident

We need a Summer '81 show. One with Trapped, Racing, and Jersey Girl.

Aug 28th in L.A. would be perfect.

12. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Just looked at Bruce base for the track list. I don't have this show in any form but it looks a wonderful set list. Yes I would be delighted if it was released.

Rockford & Roll likes this.
  13. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

Trapped is my favorite song he covers. And he covers a lot of them.

14. gobillygo

gobillygo Forum Resident

With you Summer 81 advocates!
    In my opinion the best last leg shows are:
    7/3 Didn't knock it out of the park on 7/2 so driven set with Gary on Jole/Girl
    7/9 closing night, has Adam's Schellin's 3-pack
    7/30 Passionate set/crowd
    8/4 only 1 slow song second set
    8/16 (. . . Rain opening in the rain, Sea Cruise, Bruce put out for the fans in the rain and the fans put out for the band in the rain)
    8/17 (one of 2 best Jole Blon performances, with 8/20 being arguably the best)
    LA stand except 8/21 & 8/27 (8/21 impossible to follow 8/20, no commentary needed for 8/20;
    8/23 parents are in the house and the show is a Rave (on); 8/24 Badlands>Who'll Stop the Rain need more? Jersey Girl with Waits; and,
    8/28 long set with Rockin' opening, Plane Wreck, Proud Mary and last traditional concert to include all 8 classic Born to Run and Darkness bookends)
    9/2 longest set list of the Summer 81 tour. Almost a perfect Summer 81 set list.

don't bother commenting on the chances of getting some of these shows; maybe NJ is the only realistic release. Nevertheless the shows above have given me a lot of listening pleasure

15. Dr. Zoom

Dr. Zoom Forum Resident

Went to a lotta shows that summer. The band was white hot.

16. gobillygo

gobillygo Forum Resident

Always enjoy your posts doctor

I never saw that level of Summer 81 white hotness again . . . never

Dr. Zoom likes this.
  17. Dr. Zoom

Dr. Zoom Forum Resident

Thanks. Most people run the other way when they see me coming.

yeah, those summer of 81 were something else. High water mark all the way.

18. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

I’d like another Sessions band show, especially from late in the tour as he added mote material including Long Walk Home before he recorded it with the ESB.

19. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

I saw Wembley in 1981 but still wish I could have seen a Darkness show. Did you (or anyone else on the SHF) get to see both 78 and 80/81 in the USA?

Rockford & Roll likes this.
  20. aforchione

aforchione Forum Resident

I saw
    I saw 4 Darkness shows in Philly (May 26/27 and August 18/19). Also saw Dec 6, 8 & 9, 1980, and 3 more in July 81, all at the Spectrun in Philly. Incredible shows, all.

21. let him run...

let him run... Senior Member

My first show was LA '78 , then a few days later San Diego. A few months later Winterland, the show which wasn't broadcast. Then every LA show up to and including the Tunnel of Love tour. '88 was when our first son was born. Made it to at least one show per tour after that, including the Christic Benefit shows, up until the Seeger Sessions. Couldn't score tics for that show.
    But, '78 was a good tour to start with.
    All amazing shows!

22. Randy5554

Randy5554 Forum Resident

I’d like something from either 2002 or 2006.

23. Eiricd

Eiricd Forum Resident

Wembley arena 2002

Randy5554 likes this.
  24. Rockford & Roll

Rockford & Roll Forum Resident

I got see shows in Lexington and Cincinnati in '81. These were the shows that made me a true believer. Simply amazing, they were firing on all cylinders.

Flaming Torch, budwhite and SteveFff like this.
  25. SteveFff

SteveFff Forum Mekonista

I saw the Rosemont shows (Chicago area) in (late) summer 1981. The middle night remains one of the best arena rock shows I’ve ever seen... by anyone (though the Champaign, IL River show I saw the previous year remains a serious contender).

My dream release remains the Vietnam Vets show.