Bruce Springsteen - Live Archive Releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chris S., Aug 24, 2015.

1. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

They won't do two solo gigs in a row, so I'm cautiously optimistic about this one. I have no inside info, obviously, but the holiday would be an appropriate time to release the Vietnam Vets show everyone is clamoring for.

2. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

35th anniversary, July 4th weekend. Wembley Stadium.

Citrus and theebrianrector42 like this.
  3. Adam Schellin

Adam Schellin Forum Resident

Wasnt recorded.

Heart of Gold likes this.
  4. Adam Schellin

I predict an E Street band show. My guess is a BiUSA show, maybe 8/6/84 2nd show at Brendon Byrne in 84 or maybe one of the Giants Stadium gigs from '85.

I would never say no to an obscure Magic show from Summer of 2008.

Rockford & Roll likes this.
  5. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Do we know that for sure? There is a half decent audience tape out there anyway.

6. Adam Schellin

They have only rarely released a poor sound quality recording so far. He'd never release a full audience recording on the archive series.

I expect a good show this Friday.

7. The Cat 3

The Cat 3 Forum Resident

I’m still hoping for one (or all 10) Giants Stadium shows from 2003.

or

Joe Louis Arena - Detroit - River Tour.

8. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Yes I know, I am just musing on the possibility there could be a professionally recorded show after all.

9. Regarding those Giants Stadium shows.Ironically Sony tried to talk him into releasing all of those back in 2003.It was after the massive and unexpected success of the Pearl Jam live program.He wouldn’t do it apparently because he was worried that “imperfections” might show up on the recordings.
    Also you may not be aware that there are major technical problems with them releasing any Rising shows.They used a new recording technology that is now non existent and it is either very difficult and expensive or just impossible to extract the files (depends on who you listen to).They have not said whether the Helsinki show was recorded in a different format or whether they just put the time in -or were lucky-in being able to convert those files to a useable format.It seems a strange choice if you knew you only had the budget to convert 1 show.As with everything Bruce Inc it is all very opaque.
    By the way for everyone that keeps suggesting it they do not have tapes of the Vietnam Vets show so don’t continually get your hopes up.

10. The Cat 3

The Cat 3 Forum Resident

Thanks for the reply...

...very interesting.

I had no idea.

I appreciate it.

I caught a few of those shows, so my wish is sentimentally biased.

11. FingerPickin'Triumph

FingerPickin'Triumph Forum Resident

I would love the Vets show but I gotta think if they had it recorded in decent quality it would have been released by now... on the other hand Bruce Inc. decisions do not always make sense to me..

Rockford & Roll likes this.
  12. kmk pdx

kmk pdx Forum Resident

Like every first Friday, this is the time to remedy the relative dearth of pre-1978 shows that the Archive has released. It is the most significant period in Bruce's development as an artist, and the time of his greatest live performances. The Archive has already released dozens (perhaps hundreds) of post-2000 shows. It has released exactly 4 pre-1978 shows (2 of those only partial recordings).

13. Dr. Zoom

Dr. Zoom Forum Resident

I have been told by a pretty reliable source that they probably have a soundboard for the Vets show, but almost certainly don’t have multitracks.

For the love of god, how bout a show from 73 or 74. I’m told Bruce was pretty good back then.

max4334, SteveFff, ExHead and 12 others like this.
  14. FingerPickin'Triumph

A show from 73-74 would be an instant buy for me! ..hearing some of those sets (live radio spots mostly) .. Springsteen is loose and sounds unencumbered by fame or the expectations of fame.

max4334, SteveFff, boe and 5 others like this.
  15. Randy5554

Randy5554 Forum Resident

They’re not going to delay it because a lot of businesses are observing tomorrow as a holiday since July 4 is on a weekend, are they?

Glenn coates likes this.
  16. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I always use those 2003 shows to indicate how my Bruce concert-going changed between 1999 and 2003.

In 1999, I went to 0 Meadowlands shows. Made it to 14 Reunion shows total, but I didn't feel the need to trek to NJ for any of those 15.

In 2003, I went to 9 of 10 Meadowlands shows - and felt kinda mad at myself that I skipped the 10th! :D

The Cat 3 likes this.
  17. Oatsdad

Don't see why they would! :shrug:

18. HarvG

HarvG Senior Member

The anticipation and speculation on this thread leading up to the first Friday of each month in many cases is more enjoyable than the actual release itself. :)

19. Oatsdad

Ha - true!

1st Thursday of the month: "I've heard we're gonna get a full run of shows from 1974!"

1st Friday of the month: "Bruce is proud to announce a live compilation of every performance of 'Outlaw Pete'!" :laugh:

max4334, chickendinna, HarvG and 4 others like this.
  20. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

No way. Too many 'mistakes' and technical issues that only Bruce could hear.

I'm betting you're right about the Vets. They let a soundboard recording of his speech at the start be used for a radio ad for a nonprofit vets organization.

21. PJayBe

PJayBe Forum Resident

Errrr, I'd buy it.....

Oatsdad and lambfan68 like this.
  22. FingerPickin'Triumph

All true about the anticipation and tea leave reading and then... the Friday release at times doesn't come close to our imaginations/hopes... Now if Friday release is a delay.. well that just means they are planning something really special! :D

Rockford & Roll and HarvG like this.
  23. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

I would think we'd get a BITUSA show this weekend simply because of the weekend that's in it but that isn't always the case.
    Checking back on when we last got a 1984 show (March 2018) or the solitary '85 release (April 2019) would make it seem more likely that we will get one though.

24. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

I'd still like a '76 show, either well-mixed or a two-track. A show like 11/4 or 10/30, the Palladium.

(Who knows what they have - I can't be the only one who was surprised by the footage, however brief, in the Darkness box set)

FourWalledWorld and hodgo like this.
  25. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

Still waiting for the Final show from the Born In The USA tour, or any of the ones from the Sports Arena stand in ‘84.