Bruce Springsteen - Live Archive Releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chris S., Aug 24, 2015.

1. Attila the Professor

Attila the Professor Forum Resident

Same.

adm62 likes this.
  2. BeatleBruceMayer

BeatleBruceMayer Forum Resident

Do you have to enter a code or does it show up at checkout? Everything I'm putting in is still regular price.

3. Attila the Professor

No code needed. Strangely when I browse through some shows are showing as reduced and some aren't

4. BeatleBruceMayer

I tried three (Bridge Show, Detroit 88, Greensboro) and no discount.

5. Attila the Professor

Yes same. Yet something very recent like Fox Theater is showing as reduced

Edit: now Detroit is showing as reduced, maybe the website is taking time to be updated

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  6. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

Those days are long gone.
    The last 50% sale was I think 2 years ago.

7. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

Anybody have a list if the titles that have been released since the last sale?

8. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

When I first looked at the Atlanta 78 show, it wasn't on sale. Now it appears to be.

BeatleBruceMayer and J_D__ like this.
  9. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

Time to stock up on a few shows I was waiting on.

It looks like the sale is strictly for the old releases. That is, the shows from 2014 on don't seem to be on sale since they were from ongoing tours at the time, not technically from the Archives. If anyone sees otherwise though, please chime in.

EDIT: The above doesn't seem to be true. But the show I have my eye on (9/30/2016) doesn't seem to be on sale.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  10. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

Seems like the August and September 2016 shows, which were in the US and included a lot of stadiums, aren't included.

11. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Agree. I think they felt too many people skipped buying the shows during the "regular year" and waited for Black Friday.

I guess they feel that with 25% off, the temptation to wait is less strong, so more people buy during the initial on-sale rather than wait...

12. BeatleBruceMayer

They know what they're doing. On one hand, I think it's sad that I'm waiting to save $2 on a complete high quality (in my opinion) show when I paid $60 for a crappy bootleg decades ago. But on the other hand, I just saved $18 on nine shows.

13. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

It's weird. I checked some of the later stadium ongoing tour shows and they were all on sale. I don't know what's going on. I'd say if there is a show you want not on sale, check again later. I eventually got all three shows I wanted on sale.

14. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Yeah, I only buy shows on sale, partly because of the "savings" but also because I just never feel that urgent need to get the shows immediately.

The Oatsdad of 1988 would kick Oatsdad 2020 in the nuts for that - OD88 would've killed for all this stuff - but OD2020 just has so much music already that he doesn't feel this immense desire to get more.

I'll pick up whatever I didn't get last time that appeals to me... and then wait until next November to get the titles released between now and then! :cool:

Randy5554 and majorlance like this.
  15. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

Well I am picking up the 12 titles released since the last sale. Gives me enough to listen to until the next sale.
    Hopefully they will put the Pearl Jam titles on sale before the end of the year, need a couple of the Vault shows.

16. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

For those interested in Winterland 78, the discount appears for each show individually, but not the combined set. Subject to change, of course.

17. JohnB

JohnB Senior Member

And while you're at it, don't forget to go to Bruce's official site to pick up your very own "Wintergarden" tee. :crazy:

Bruce Springsteen Wintergarden Tee

NunoBento and FourWalledWorld like this.
  18. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident

Anyone else notice that the entire 7/9/81 show at the Meadowlands seems to run a bit slow? I downloaded the lossless files and I’m going to try speeding it all up...

19. What the hell??? :disgust:

FourWalledWorld and JohnB like this.
  20. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

Why on earth doesn't Bruce turn over his official site to Backstreets?! Long overdue.

NunoBento and JohnB like this.
  21. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Has anyone figured how to sort the list of shows by release date? Going new-to-old brings them up by performance date.

superstar19 likes this.
  22. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident

Responding to my own post.
    Increasing the speed (tempo and pitch) by a full 2 percent did the trick. Much better.

budwhite and superstar19 like this.
  23. Drummer49

Drummer49 Forum Resident

I live in Winter Garden Fl and had heard rumors about this show, must be true

BeatleBruceMayer and JohnB like this.
  24. jenglund72

jenglund72 Forum Resident

What was the consensus on the Winterland shows? Wasn't 12/16 the better sounding of the two?

25. The Cat 3

The Cat 3 Forum Resident

Same here.

:)

adm62 and J_D__ like this.