Bruce Springsteen - Live Archive Releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chris S., Aug 24, 2015.

1. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Yeah, I see that now. On Friday they were still $12.95. I don't understand the logic behind this at all, besides greed, I guess? (I know that's the answer, but still)

FourWalledWorld likes this.
  2. rcb30

rcb30 Fender Rhodesian

They must've raised across the board once that subscriber sale was over. I had three Springsteen shows in my cart on Friday morning. When I saw the Nashville release's higher price, I put three more from my list in the cart. Hard to imagine buying many at full price, really, given the current price and the amount of quality shows they've already released. But really enjoying the ones I picked up (Asbury 11/26, Paris '12 bundle, 12/28/80, Fenway '12, 8/19/84).

SteveFff likes this.
  3. JohnBeas

JohnBeas Senior Member

I subscribed for the free month of the streaming service so I could pick up the Asbury show for 25% off - it would have been nice if they had kept the lower prices at least through the free month. I already have most of the shows I really wanted so I'll probably cancel before the month is up.

4. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

Dynamic pricing?

blastfurniss and musicaner like this.
  5. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

With that price hike, it looks like I'll never buy another Bruce concert again. That's fine. I probably have too many as it is.

hodgo likes this.
  6. JohnB

JohnB Senior Member

With the price increase I'll stop considering purchasing those "should I or shouldn't I" shows. The only ones I might buy from here on out would be if they ever got around to releasing a decent sounding Main Point '75 show or earlier, or 3/25/77 or 8/20/81. Otherwise I've got a good collection of shows of his to listen to already.

7. matt79rome89

matt79rome89 Forum Resident

Considering the frequency these come out and what they were priced at originally, this is disappointing. Taking a step back and without that context though: $18.99 for what is usually 3 cds of material is still a fair price.

8. graveyardboots

graveyardboots Resident Patient

Archive releases:

New Jersey '92 -
    Just missed. I attended the previous night's show at the same venue.

Boston '07 -
    Close. I attended the show two nights earlier in Albany.

Tampa '08 -
    Close. I attended the show two nights later in Atlanta.

Greensboro '08 -
    Just missed. I attended the previous night's show in Charlotte.

St. Louis '08 -
    Just missed. I attended the previous night's show in Nashville*.

Buffalo '09 -
    Close. I attended the show two nights earlier in Nashville.

*So I finally score with Nashville '08...and that's the first show to be sold with the new (50% higher) pricing structure. "With every wish..."
    :sigh:

9. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

You can get the complete works of Beethoven on 90 CD's for $106. A CD as a unit of measurement has no absolute value. Doubly so when you think about the logistics of mixing a live show, where really once you get a satisfactory mix dialed in, there isn't much to do, especially for a band like E-Street that largely mixes itself.

It is kind of bonkers to me that we used to do that kind of math though, or that labels would put unnecessary discs in sets just to drive up the price (remember Bonfire having a copy of Back In Black for absolutely no practical reason?). But logistically, mixing an 80 minute No Nukes set (when it was initially released for the Archive series) or 4-hour Nassau 1980 show likely took about the same amount of time and effort.

marcb likes this.
  10. Harry Hood

Harry Hood Forum Resident

Ooh, there's a song I haven't heard for 25 years. Something about a catfish. Or was that Big Muddy?

11. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

I’m curious if this price hike applies only to Bruce or if Nugs implemented it across the board. I’ve purchased shows of The Dead (2009 version) and ABB, but don’t recall if their pricing is similar to Bruce.

12. Ddenali

Ddenali Well-Known Member

I just checked quickly at the Metallica and Pearl Jam sections on Nugs and they are still at 9.99 for mp3 and 12.99 for ALAC/FLAC.

Well that's very disappointing.

Jimmy B. likes this.
  13. mtruslow

mtruslow Forum Resident

So when are we getting volume 2 of the cd remasters?

14. Attila the Professor

Attila the Professor Forum Resident

So anyone going to pre-order the 2023 tour shows? $374.99 for each tour (31 shows each)

2023 TOUR ANNOUNCE & DISCOUNTS
    We're excited to announce that official multi-track audio recordings from every concert on the upcoming Springsteen & E Street Band tour will be professionally mixed by Jon Altschiller, and made available promptly after each show! With this announce and for a limited time, we're offering a heavily discounted tour package for the 31-show US tour that launches in February, and the 31-show European leg that starts in April.

It's been six years since the last E Street Band tour, and with a couple chart-topping albums released since, we're sure to hear debut songs along with plenty of favorites spanning Bruce's career. The tour discounts end on January 1st, and all tour pre-orders before then will receive limited-edition numbered sets.

15. Dr. Zoom

Dr. Zoom Forum Resident

Wow, limited edition numbered sets!!!

This is an instance where getting set #1 might not be difficult.

Randy5554 likes this.
  16. jwstl

jwstl Forum Resident

How about a discount on past shows to celebrate the new tour?

johnny q likes this.
  17. Tony Glass

Tony Glass Forum Resident

$599 for each CD set, so $1200 for the whole tour? I guess this makes sense considering the ticket prices. Not going to be for me this time. Will pick up a couple shows at some point most likely.

18. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

It felt like I was about done with the Archive shows anyway, so the price increase doesn't affect me much. I've already bought over 40 shows, so I have plenty to listen to. If one or two shows pop up that I want, $18.99 isn't going to break me. It's telling the higher prices don't seem to apply to other nugs artists though. Is anyone really going to buy the complete tour runs?? I can't imagine.

19. INSW

INSW Senior Member

Whoever does will probably post about how they still haven't gotten show #20 in the mail and will there be commemorative boxes to put all the cds into?

20. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

So US or European?

21. rcb30

rcb30 Fender Rhodesian

If I were going to buy a bundle (which I'm not), and buying a show I attend isn't a concern, I'd buy the Euro. Probably more variation compared to the tour's earliest shows, probably as long or longer shows than U.S. shows if history is any guide.

Then again, there's always the 3rd leg back in the U.S. ...

Pizza likes this.
  22. stillrockin

stillrockin Forum Resident

Let's hope that Bruce doesn't get bombed any night and decide not to release a performance ...

23. Randy5554

Randy5554 Forum Resident

Pretty risk to preorder a whole tour without having any idea as to the set lists, variety of songs played, show lengths, etc…

24. INSW

INSW Senior Member

Pretty nuts to order a whole tour for any reason.

Citrus, babyblue, Spitfire and 2 others like this.
  25. Dr. Zoom

Dr. Zoom Forum Resident

Given the exorbitant ticket prices, I thought that maybe a free download of the show would be included with the ticket.

Then I remembered that this tour is being run by Gordon Gekko. Carry on..

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022