Bruce Springsteen No Nukes Concert to be released.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by pacman68, Jul 17, 2021.

1. pacman68

pacman68 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'm down for Electric Nebraska next year if it truly exists. Nebraska is my favorite Bruce Springsteen record and I think one of the best records of all time. So I'm down.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  2. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

Thom Zimny has confirmed that the audio was indeed mixed by Bob Clearmountain:

Login • Instagram

dee, Vineshoot, rihajarvi and 3 others like this.
  3. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

I think I will just stick to my album. You can hardly find a live Captain Jim's Drunken Dream. I'm sure there probably are but a great version here. Seeing him in a couple of weeks with Jackson Browne.

I always liked it. Almost Lost Detroit has always been a favorite. Angel From Montgomery, Crow on the Cradle, You Don't Have to Cry etc..... glad I purchased it.

4. Dr. Zoom

Dr. Zoom Forum Resident

Clearmountain=automatic purchase

5. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

The setlists for the show

9/21
    Prove It All Night
    Badlands
    The Promised Land
    The River (live debut)
    Sherry Darling
    Thunder Road
    Jungleland
    Rosalita (Come Out Tonight) (with "Stagger Lee" intro)
    Born to Run
    Stay
    Rave On!

9/22
    Prove It All Night
    Badlands
    The Promised Land
    The River
    Sherry Darling
    Thunder Road
    Jungleland
    Rosalita (Come Out Tonight) (with "Batman Theme")
    Born to Run
    Stay (with Jackson Browne, Tom Petty, and Rosemary Butler)
    Detroit Medley
    Quarter to Three

…this is going to be a pieces/parts hodgepodge, isn't it?

BDC, Sean, Guy Smiley and 1 other person like this.
  6. That's what I was waiting to see. If Clearmountain mixed it, I'm in.

7. Maxdriver

Maxdriver Forum Resident

Many comments about how most will not watch the show multiple times. This is probably true. I look forward to a potential legacy recording, with sound that I will want to listen to multiple times.

Sean, Lewisboogie and blastfurniss like this.
  8. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

I had purchased the Archive audio from Nugs a while back, so I may pass on this.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  9. Maxdriver

Maxdriver Forum Resident

I can appreciate that. I have bought many of the archive/Nugs shows...

Lewisboogie likes this.
  10. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

You have already heard some of it; e.g. Born In The USA, Downbound Train, Working On The Highway (remake of Child Bride). It isn't like there was an actual electric version, Springsteen was recording full-band versions of the material, and ultimately chose to release a number of the demos as Nebraska. I am pretty certain there are additional full-band takes of the material in the archives.

OptimisticGoat and Lewisboogie like this.
  11. blastfurniss

blastfurniss Forum Resident

It's been a while since I read the Dave Marsh Springsteen books but I seem to recall him mentioning that Springsteen was not in a good mood on the September 23rd (his birthday) No Nukes show and the performance suffered. Something about a former photographer girlfriend in the pit taking photos setting him off. Like I said it's been 30 years at least since I read those Marsh books. The only reason I even remember it is because it was the only time Marsh removed his lips from Springsteen's posterior and criticized him.

Sean, Guy Smiley and Dr. Zoom like this.
  12. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

This isn't '84/'85. No one cares about BITUSA anymore. BITUSA hasn't been associated with a campaign in over 35 years, I doubt it happens during the next cycle.

BDC likes this.
  13. blastfurniss

I always forget about Tom Petty's inclusion. I always loved the story of him coming off stage and saying "Man, I can't believe they were booing me." The person he was talking to says "Those weren't boos, they were saying Bruce." Petty responds "Is there a difference?"

14. Dr. Zoom

Dr. Zoom Forum Resident

Out of the 1% of the population that even remembers Born In The USA, 99% of them will only remember one thing about it: Courtney Cox.

15. blastfurniss

People still have a tendency to think of things like this as having to have mass appeal. Physical product is a niche thing to begin with. It's audience is targeted at die hard Springsteen fans and not the mass market. I'll buy it, watch it and put it on the shelf with the rest of my Springsteen recordings. May not watch it again but I'm a completist and their target market.

Lewisboogie and graveyardboots like this.
  16. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

I was there that night. His former girlfriend, Lynn Goldsmith was taking photographs front of stage. Bruce spotted her and pulled her up on stage, embarrassing her publicly for being there (he had apparently asked her not to) and sending her off stage. He seemed in good spirits though, throwing an entire birthday cake into the audience and performing a great high energy set. I'll look forward to seeing this again (hopefully the incident will be included.)
    [​IMG]

BDC, budwhite, Sean and 4 others like this.
  17. blastfurniss

Exactly. At the time the country was dealing with Reaganism and was "10 years burnin' down the road" from the Vietnam War. Springsteen had only recently had his political awakening thru his concert to benefit the veterans who fought the Vietnam War and the stories of men like Ron Kovic who left pieces of themselves behind. Springsteen saw Reagan as enough of a threat that he spoke out the night after the 1980 election at his show in Tempe and encouraged the audience to be vigilant. In 1980 taking a political stance was still seen as new and perhaps dangerous to a career. Now, everything is politics.

Unless there are BITUSA outtakes about anti-vaxxers, insurrectionists or whatever we're arguing about in 2024, I don't see a deluxe reissue making any kind of political statement.

18. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

I bought the original Jon Altschiller’s mix on CD, which were both complete shows, so I'm covered. But yes, I bet the Clearmountain will be a mix of both shows.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  19. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

As I said in a previous post (maybe on the other Springsteen thread), I guarantee it won't be in the film. I can't imagine Bruce would allow it.

Ron The Bear and Guy Smiley like this.
  20. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

Wow, Nugs really did pull the MUSE shows. So now fans can't get the two complete concerts. Hmmmm. . .

BeatleBruceMayer and Guy Smiley like this.
  21. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

It's not like Bruce does a ongoing podcast with a recent president or anything....

Mr. D likes this.
  22. oneslip17

oneslip17 Forum Resident

I'm not a huge, or even minor Springsteen fan.... I think I have one album (Darkness on the Edge of Town). But I'm a sucker for well restored, 1970s concert footage, so I'm planning on picking this one up.

BDC and J_D__ like this.
  23. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Thanks, couldn't find it earlier.
    Maybe it's me, but I would think that throwing a cake into the audience might be a sign of anger or at least being irked.

24. Dr. Zoom

Dr. Zoom Forum Resident

Bad day at the office. Everyone has em.

Guy Smiley likes this.
  25. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

I thought he still does 200-300k worldwide with those boxes. Though River redux did under perform in the US 6 years ago.