Bruce Springsteen No Nukes Concert to be released.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by pacman68, Jul 17, 2021.

1. 2 CD/Bluray for me. 90 minutes is short for a late 70s Springsteen show but I'll take any video from the 1975-88 era.

2. Maxdriver

Maxdriver Forum Resident

Blu-ray on pre-order....trailer looks fantastic!!

3. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

Hmmm. . . I may just download the digital video for this. I'd never listen to the CDs anyway.

walrus likes this.
  4. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i don't know why, but springsteen live is a very tough listen for me, i get ear fatigue quite fast when doing so.

could be the bass, not sure, but when i used to try to listen the springsteen station on XM, the live stuff, with the FM bass boost, seemed to get me even worse.

Taxman and Ron The Bear like this.
  5. Justin Brooks

Justin Brooks Forum Resident

so, the nugs release has more tracks than the 2 cds here? why wouldn't they have fleshed out the CDs with the rest of the tracks?

6. MrCJF

MrCJF Best served with coffee and cake.

I picked up the Live at Hammersmith LP a few years back, and thought it sounded wonderful. Very short sides, mind you as it's a 4 LP set The original CD set of Live 75-85 also sounds great (though I don't think I've had it on my hi-fi for a long, long time.

ANyway, just seen the trailer which looks fantastic. Really in his prime on that. I'll be in for the CD and BluRay box

jay.dee, Isamet, longdist01 and 2 others like this.
  7. MrCJF

Two identical setlists? More of a minority interest for hardcore fans. A 90 minute composite 'complete' show has much broader appeal for the Christmas market.

8. John Rhett Thomas

John Rhett Thomas Forum Resident

I might have to, as well. That trailer reminded me of all the things I treasure about Springsteen. It’s been a while since I felt that way! (The Petty appearance is a difference-maker, too.)

9. Justin Brooks

i mean, they have the space to include all of it. anyone buying this is going to be a hardcore fan, no?

NunoBento likes this.
  10. Ron The Bear

Ron The Bear Well-Known Member

Shows previously available for download are 83 and 88 minutes respectively. Too long for CD.

Curiously they've removed them from my order history.

11. Justin Brooks

they removed them from the site too apparently.

Ron The Bear likes this.
  12. Rough&Rowdy

Rough&Rowdy Forum Resident

LP and Blu-ray set pre-ordered. I'm excited for this one.

13. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

Nice price too!

longdist01 and daveidmarx like this.
  14. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

I rarely have time to watch footage (I still haven't watched all of the Houston '78 show or the Tempe '80 show). I appreciate having the footage and that some historic concerts are preserved in that manner, but I am generally more interested with the audio. Had this release been solely a DVD/Blu ray product, I probably would have acquired it at some point, but it would not have been a priority. But because they are issuing in on CD as well, it holds much greater, immediate appeal. I have the Nugs audio, but I suspect this will be a noticeable upgrade. Prime, vintage Springsteen live audio is hard to pass up.

stevef, Mfj55, budwhite and 4 others like this.
  15. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Curious how they'll break up the sides. Probably will bite on the vinyl and just rent the video portion...as great as the film will be, I know I won't get around to watching it more than once anytime soon, although if there's a cheap digital video purchase option down the line, that'll be cool.

16. matt79rome89

matt79rome89 Forum Resident

SIDE 1

Prove It All Night
    Badlands
    The Promised Land
    The River

SIDE 2

Sherry Darling
    Thunder Road
    Jungleland

SIDE 3

Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
    Born To Run
    Stay

SIDE 4

Detroit Medley
    Quarter To Three
    Rave On

dee and Scatterling of Africa like this.
  17. walrus

That seems most logical, I just hadn't seen it posted anywhere officially. I passed on the Hammersmith LP box because it was just so awkwardly configured and I knew I'd never really spin it, but this one makes much more sense, vinyl-wise.

18. MrCJF

Depends on how you define "Hardcore fan". I'm buying this, but I haven't bought any archive releases. I buy Dylan bootleg series sets but don't fret about the copyright collections. A properly curated, well packaged set is what I'm after.

19. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

Posted officially at the Bruce Springsteen Store website:

The Legendary 1979 No Nukes Concerts 2 LP

Tjazz and walrus like this.
  20. walrus

Ah, thanks. The links from Bruce's social media just linked to an amazon listing.

Tjazz likes this.
  21. jenglund72

jenglund72 Forum Resident

I will take any and all official concert videos, especially from the 70s and 80s. Excited for this!

22. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

All the artist from the Kampuchea show have their own audio and video. It would be an undertaking to get the original albums and video released.

mark winstanley likes this.
  23. INSW

INSW Senior Member

Asking why with Inc. is a road with an end you will never reach.

gobillygo, Alan57 and budwhite like this.
  24. Taxman

Taxman Senior Member

I’ve never watched the concert video on any of several Stones vault releases. Or what was included in any of the Bruce box sets, except Hammersmith, once. Or the concert video on any of the Tull boxes. I’m happy that others are excited. I’m just not that guy. I’d buy a two CD edition. Since that’s not an option, its Qobuz for me for the audio.

25. I think a big proportion of the “hardcore fans” bought this when the 2 full shows released a few years ago.
    The sales attractions here are the Bluray and the vinyl.When it was first announced I thought they’d do a bigger,more expensive box sets with both shows in full but I’m glad they’re not.
    When I tried to think why I was buying the 2cd+Bluray the only answer I could come up with was “but it’s Bruce”.Preordered.