Bruce Springsteen working on Tracks 2?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by NunoBento, Jun 14, 2019.

1. musicaner

musicaner Forum Resident

I dont think there any stipulations. It all depends if you are a friend of the house, and in the case of RS, Bruce definitely is.

walrus likes this.
  2. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

Also, if Bruce is going to open up and reveal anything insightful, he's going do it under his own name--and monetize it. His autobiography was very successful and I have no doubt he'll put out another installment one day.
    I can see him writing a book about his struggle with depression too.

mike_mike and OptimisticGoat like this.
  3. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

I found this part quite sad/depressing:
    And he really does see his friends in his dreams. Terry Magovern, his friend and longtime assistant, who died in 2007, stops by “a couple times a year.” “I see Clarence every once in a while,” he says. “I’ll see the houses I lived in as a child. I’ll walk through their halls. We see all those folks in our dreams until we become a dream ourselves.”

there were other parts as well....

4. Jimmy B.

Googled now; he can afford to be extravagant.

Van Zandt's net worth estimated at over $75 million
    However, his talent and success in both has made him a stunningly wealthy man. Celebrity Net Worth pegged the figure at $80 million.Feb 22, 2019
    Group: Disciples of Soul; E Street Band

Steven Van Zandt: How Much Is the 'Sopranos' Star and E ...

I didn't know the amount, but I knew he was doing damn well, very successful, and I've always been baffled when I've seen people stating in a worried way about him losing some money on the tour - he did it because he wanted to play, to do that tour; for the love of music. Probably the biggest thrill in the world for him.
    With all those millions, he can afford to lose some money, unlike most people.

5. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

I would doubt that Underground Garage has ever been that lucrative (great as it is), and Steven has thrown lots of money into related projects over the years (remember the Randall's Island festival?) Also I assume he bankrolled the Rascals reunion, which lost money when the band fell out.

Jimmy B. likes this.
  6. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Yup. I think it's sort of assumed that they will be respectful and not go into any forbidden topics. And honestly, most of that kind of stuff I can think of (depression, writers' block, etc) was covered in the book and the related press cycle for that, or totally off topic from the current state of the world, current state of Bruce, and the new record.

blackstar, GMfan87' and musicaner like this.
  7. walrus

I wouldn't trust any of these numbers, honestly. I certainly don't think he's hurting, but I also highly doubt he has $75 million (cash or assets) lying around. Like most of the ESB, he seems to live a pretty normal, quiet life, and I imagine by now he's learned to adjust his expenses accordingly over the years.

8. Jesus Jeronimo

Jesus Jeronimo Forum Resident

Easy. He is trolling.

J

rcb30 likes this.
  9. SCMusicFan

SCMusicFan Forum Resident

Yes it will. Nothing like 70's/80's classic E-Street jamming with 71-year-old Old Man Bruce vocals. Oh well, we take what we can get from The Boss, right?

qtrules and musicaner like this.
  10. boe

boe Forum Resident

Can’t tell you how I know (discretion) but there is no way he is even close to being worth that much.

walrus likes this.
  11. walrus

Nope.

12. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

please, please, please no overdubs!!!!!

Hep Alien and Jimmy B. like this.
  13. Jimmy B.

Yes we take what we can get with Bruce....
    I'm trying to like the song, I've listened to it more, it's not bad as it first seemed to me, but how is it classic E Street Band sound? Everybody's saying that, calling it that.
    To me, songs that have the "classic E Street Band sound" are songs like Night, The Promised Land, Badlands, Be True, even Cadillac Ranch. I don't hear it on Letter To You.
    I hear a song that sounds like Lucky Town a little crossed with some other later period album, I can't place what.....

blackstar and musicaner like this.
  14. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Wasn't Landau a former RS writer? Jann Wenner and Landau/Bruce are all RRHOF buddies with big ties to the voting and charities. I think Bruce/SVZ/Morello are also among the RRHOF (600?)voters. I faintly remember a story about Bruce's kid getting an intership at the RS office in NYC. Ditto Dave Marsh who's married into his management team and now has his Sirius Bruce gig. I'm sure Bruce's new album will get 4.5 stars out of 5.

Apparently Bruce interviewers pre-submit questions and follow up aren't allowed. Molly Meldrum being a weird exception. There's a good reason why Springsteen avoids Howard Stern's radio shows despite getting many ESBers and having met each other at wealthy parties.

15. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

16. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

I guess this depression has been following him forever. (Wrecking Ball's "This Depression" e.g)

For what I sensed reading it, losing dear people lately has only making it worse, unfortunately.

JoeF. likes this.
  17. musicaner

musicaner Forum Resident

either way its a given what type of softball question he'll be asked.
    questions from actual callers-as opposed to plants-is a big no no.
    5 stars

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    Jimmy B. likes this.
  18. INSW

INSW Senior Member

"Ghosts" tomorrow.

ExHead, RJD1954 and JoeF. like this.
  19. INSW

INSW Senior Member

Only saw the four lines. More spirits filled with light.

JoeF. likes this.
  20. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

I might say that is the opposite of depressing.

Davido likes this.
  21. OptimisticGoat

OptimisticGoat Everybody's escapegoat....

I would never have thought I would see you post that.

PacificOceanBlue and windfall like this.
  22. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

But are they spirits in the night?

graveyardboots and musicaner like this.
  23. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

That’s one way of looking at it.

24. OptimisticGoat

OptimisticGoat Everybody's escapegoat....

As I don’t read Rolling Stone anymore - thanks for that article - it was great. Superb access.

25. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

the interviewer -Brian Hiatt -was nailing it until touching the deep politics. That sucks.

budwhite likes this.