Bruce Willis - Favorite Performance

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by PsychedelicWheelz, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

Loved the show but it quickly went downhill after they got 'horizontae'.
    It only managed to capture the previous magic in a few later episodes.
    My personal favourite episode would be the send up of Rocky IV ……………….. 'We talkin' fun evening or what'.

I put my favourite Bruce performance above as 'The Return of Bruno' mainly because it was David Addison let loose on the music scene.

Steve Litos likes this.
  2. Steve Litos

Steve Litos Senior Member

Do bears bear?
    Do bees be?

The Rocky 4 one was great!

They send Maddie and David out on a real date only to be foiled when the scalped tickets to the Opera end up being intended for a couple of international spies!

Quadboy and Michael Rose like this.
  3. ex_mixer

ex_mixer Senior Member

Favorite Performance?? There's only one! John McClane!

Fake blood being applied to our hero's feet.

[​IMG]

Quadboy likes this.
  4. wwaldmanfan

wwaldmanfan Born In The 50's

Last Man Standing (1996)
    Directed by Walter Hill from a story by Akira Kurosawa
    Music by Ry Cooder
    Starring Bruce Willis, David Patrick Kelly, Christopher Walken, Bruce Dern, and Leslie Mann
    [​IMG]

Brenald79 and Dennis Metz like this.
  5. team2

team2 Forum Resident

On one of the Moonlighting DVD commentaries, Cybill said that, with them averaging 14 episodes or so a season, the series would have worked better in today's TV environment with shorter seasons and longer breaks. It also didn't help that there wasn't a large ensemble cast to share the load -- all the pressure was on the two leads. But when that show worked, though, it was truly brilliant...

apesfan and Steve Litos like this.
  6. Steve Litos

Steve Litos Senior Member

Thanks for the info!

It was a "must watch" or must record at that time.

For the record they did 6, 18, 15, 14, and 13 episodes in the seasons.

The 14th episode of season 3 or 37th episode was the point of no return...haha.

To this day I've never been able to fishish the final season.

Back to Bruce ...thought he was excellent in Unbreakable.

team2 likes this.
  7. team2

team2 Forum Resident

I don't blame you for not watching Season 5. Overall, you're not missing much (although "Womb With A View" is amazing). I'm one of the few who actually likes Season 4. I thought Maddie's absence forced the writers to try harder to come up with good episodes and several were, indeed, fantastic: "Trip To The Moon," "Come Back Little Shiksa," the "Cool Hand Dave" 2-parter, "Tracks of My Tears," "Maddie Hayes Got Married" and the brilliant "Father Knows Last" which contains one of Bruce's finest acting scenes ever:

jwoverho, Steve Litos and Quadboy like this.
  8. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

9. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

My favorite Bruce Willis is TV Bruce Willis: Moonlighting, Friends, and one that hasn't been mentioned, "Miami Vice", where he played an abusive husband.

"I tried to tell you fellas...I got the JUICE..."

Steve Litos and Karnak like this.
  10. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

This is what I came to post. I also think he's great in Pulp Fiction, and Die Hard is hard to ignore for me, but in Unbreakable he really affected me.

Also, he seemed a breath of fresh air when Moonlighting first came out. Pity that show declined so rapidly and so steeply.

carrick doone, Steve Litos and Veltri like this.
  11. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Sixth Sense.

Steve Litos likes this.
  12. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

13. Andy Smith

Andy Smith .....Like a good pinch of snuff......

One day someone will try to remake it. They should be shot immediately.

team2, Solaris and Steve Litos like this.
  14. daca

daca Currently on Double Secret Probation

I’m always impartial to Christmas movies, so Die Hard.

Yippie Ki-Yay ............

[​IMG]

jlocke08, Chris DeVoe and Michael like this.
  15. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

in his later years I enjoyed the remake of Death Wish...

16. Michael

yes a Christmas staple every year! and we get a fabulous Christmas Song in the end! Let It Snow by Vaughn Monroe.

daca likes this.
  17. carrick doone

carrick doone Whhhuuuutttt????

Sixth Sense is good. Unbreakable is very understated, almost too much for me though it perfectly delivers the story. I want to go with the scene chewing he does in Armageddon but....nah, that's the one. I like his work when he is acting not standing. Also Pulp Fiction is great for him.

18. Michael

19. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

My favorite performance of Bruce's...I never saw. Limited number of people saw it, but when it comes to serendipitous meetings, this one is it.

1979, I'm at my first radio gig, working weekend overnights. Which not only left me alone in the station, but running the Saturday night/Sunday morning "P.A. Shift" - you know, public service programming, preachers bloviating on the mic until we turn them off exactly 30 minutes into the show whether they care or not, that sort of thing. At the back of the building, there's the closet where the Music Director tosses all the LP's he gets in the mail, on their way to the dumpster when there's no room to stash them. Doesn't matter what they are, most Music Directors I've known don't really know anything about music...or care, if they're not the hit that already charted three weeks ago they're waiting to get from the promoter. Well, here I am with 15-30 minutes of free time on my hands week after week, and only A WHOLE CABINET FULL OF FREE ALBUMS NOBODY CARES ABOUT...and an open Production Studio I can use to audition albums. Which I do every Saturday night for weeks...because I've put it upon myself to AUDITION EVERY ONE. And that's where I met this jazzbo named Robert Kraft, and the Ivory Coast. Liked the album, thought he was clever (if a little focused on the nose-tooting); hip stuff, swingin', half live half studio.

And it was somewhere around this time he's doing a show, and some douche in the audience whips out his harmonica, and starts playing. And Kraft invites said douche up to the stage, and it's the beginning of a beautiful lifelong friendship.

Why do you care? Because this was the first guy I ever wrote a fan letter to...once I discovered he ended up exec-producing The Little Mermaid at Disney, so I had an address. And...it's the first time an artist has answered my fan letter.

And, if you forward to about 3:10 here, you'll learn a little bit more about Robert Kraft and his friend the douche.

Steve Litos likes this.
  20. Left Field

Left Field #1 Shinboner

The Fifth Element
    Die Hard
    12 Monkeys
    Pulp Fiction
    Sin City

21. Torontotom

Torontotom Forum Resident

I watched the remake of Death Wish last night because I found a sealed DVD copy in a thrift shop and thought "Why not?"

I enjoyed it much more than I thought, and I realized I missed seeing Bruce on the screen.

22. Hyacinth House

Hyacinth House Forum Resident

Pulp Fiction

I love the scene where he saves Marcellus.

23. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Striking Distance
    Mercury Rising
    The Jackal
    :cheers:

24. Luvtemps

Luvtemps Forum Resident

Willis is a mystery to me..why does a guy with his talent make such bad movies...anyhow his best was when he played a cold blooded killer on[Miami Vice]way back in the day.

25. Beatlened

Beatlened Forum Resident

Moonlighting

team2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.