Bryan Adams' new album "So Happy It Hurts" (out March 11, 2022)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jonathan Halen, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Jonathan Halen

Jonathan Halen Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hear Title Track From Bryan Adams' New 'So Happy It Hurts' Album

stollar likes this.
  2. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

I love Bryan. And it's pleasant. But its generic Bryan Adams. And, sadly, there is no audience for that style of music anymore.

3. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

You've got to applaud Bryan's constant wanting to try to get back in the game with his new releases and who knows, maybe one day he'll once again be that guy that the girls couldn't stop talking about. In the meantime, I'll just play his great "Reckless" album and remember the good old days before he and Kenny Loggins sang EVERY theme song from EVERY movie.

4. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Forum Resident

He’s not breaking any new ground, but that’s a good song.

I’ll keep an eye out for his album next year.

John Adam likes this.
  5. Stingfan80

Stingfan80 Well-Known Member

It's quite a catchy tune vaguely resembling his old b-side "Hey Elvis". It lacks a bridge and a guitar solo but it stays in your head once you hear it. Considering that Bryan played almost every instrument the song is not a bad effort.
    Not exactly breaking new grounds, but will provide good singalong at his shows.
    By the way, the elderly lady in the video is Bryan's actual mom

mtvgeneration likes this.
  6. mtvgeneration

mtvgeneration Forum Resident

I put off listening to it elsewhere because I thought I would be underwhelmed. I'm not. It is a nice bar jam and an improvement musically from his past ten or more years of songs. But those lyrics. He stopped growing as an artist decades ago and he didn't move into music styles popular with people under 40 or anything that would be loved by the critics. And that Hitler Youth hairstyle he's had for years makes him look severe and not a friendly face for a guest spot on a screen and he's on his way to being forgotten by the public.

jconsolmagno likes this.
  7. jconsolmagno

jconsolmagno Forum Resident

I normally do not care about how an artist looks but I can't stand that haircut either but i love the music

8. mtvgeneration

mtvgeneration Forum Resident

Now I think I understand why he started that. He was going into a vaguely rockabilly sound and that's a little like a rockabilly haircut. But it looks worse the older his face gets, and his new music isn't rockabilly, it's less dated and I think better. Time for a hairstyle change, Bryan.