Buchardt Announces Anniversary 10 active speakers

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by goldwax, May 25, 2023.

1. goldwax

goldwax Rega | Cambridge | Denafrips | Luxman | Dynaudio Thread Starter

Anniversary 10

Not cheap and not really my thing, since i'm a passive speaker person, but they sure look interesting!

Brother_Rael likes this.
  2. Brother_Rael

Brother_Rael Senior Member

Nice! They look good. Bet they sound incredible.

goldwax likes this.
  3. goldwax

goldwax Rega | Cambridge | Denafrips | Luxman | Dynaudio Thread Starter

[​IMG]

CowFish likes this.
  4. I aspired to going active long before I could get to that place. I've been exclusively listening to active speakers at home for the last 20 years.

5. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

Ooh now with Purifi woofers, and reworked highs! The price is not cheap but not crazy either considering all that's packed inside. A friend has the is it A10 earlier version of this thing...I still haven't heard them.

6. Mikael Tegsten

Mikael Tegsten Member

I wonder how does Buchardt Anniversary 10 sound if paired with EverSolo DMP-A6 streamer/DAC. Does it sound better than using the Buchardt HUB?

7. terzinator

terzinator boots lost in transit

been seeing some rave reviews on these recently. Our steve huff friend, for one.

If there's ever been an active speaker tempting enough to make a person abandon their old-school ways, it might be these. Could make for a super clean and tidy setup for about 95% of my listening, but it's a seismic philosophical jump-shift.

Lots of reviews talking about the sound... shimmering highs and unbelievable bass, vast soundstage, etc... And their ability to specially tune them to your liking.

But haven't seen much on how people are integrating them into systems with specific external sources, such as turntables, CD drives and standalone DACs and streamers.

Looks like you might need the wireless Platin hub thingy to make it Roon Ready and for ability to connect Airplay and Google home/chromecast streams. (And for room correction.) No preamp out for subs.

It's got XLR inputs, so you could hook things into a preamp and go that route, but it might lose some of its active-speaker uniqueness, I think.

goldwax likes this.
  8. MondoFanM

MondoFanM Member from ATX

Their offerings feel a little confusing for me to easily identify each one.

9. Mike-48

Mike-48 A shadow of my former self

I was interested in downloading the user's guide to learn more about the product. My search didn't find it on Burchardt's Web site. Has anyone found it?

10. ls35a

ls35a Forum Resident

Nice woodwork.

11. noway

noway Forum Resident

Nice woofer surround in the pics. Bet those sound a little bass shy.

12. yamfan

yamfan Forum Resident

Each new product that he reviews makes him rethink everything.

blue_lu, timind and gakerty like this.
  13. F1nut

F1nut Forum Resident

Yeah, wtf!?!

14. SBaradaran

SBaradaran Forum Resident

Anyone have a pair of these? Curious to hear non-youtube reviewer feedback on them.