Burning CDs with EAC

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by metalbob, Mar 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metalbob

metalbob Senior Member Thread Starter

I burned a few CDs for a fellow forum member with Exact Audio Copy. All it I did was make clones of them. He said that he has trouble playing them, even though I tested them quickly on my portable CDR compatible player and they seemed fine. I guess they have a lot of jitter. Also, I was using Imation discs that I thought were acceptable. What are everyone's thoughts on brands like Mitsui? I have heard great things about them, but I just read on a website that in a test they did, they had high error rates.

Question is, obviously it could be a variety of things, but what are the optimal settings for burning CDs with Exact Audio Copy, or should I revert back to CD Creator or another program?

2. MagicAlex

MagicAlex Gort Emeritus

How do those CDRs perform with EZ CD Creator. I have seen these problems crop up with the brand of CDR being used...try a different brand.

3. SVL

SVL Forum Resident

Does that member's player read other CD-Rs, and if so, which brands and burning software were used on those?

I would usually rip with EAC and record with Nero. Never had a problem, but that old Philips CDM-9 transport will read just about anything;)

4. metalbob

metalbob Senior Member Thread Starter

I am using an HP 8100 series burner that I've had for years and the stock Compaq drive that came with my PC to rip with. I also made a needle drops for him as well, which wouldn't involve ripping anything and he didn't complain about that. I think those might have been on TDK discs though.

Two of my players have trouble with CDRs (pre-CD explosion) and my portable plays them just fine. I have burned discs with both and they seem to play.

He informed me that he might not be able to get back to me for a few days, so I am now racking my brain trying to figure out what the problem is.

The big question is JITTER basically just digital skipping sounds or is my ear not hearing what it is supposed to be hearing. Maybe my equipment isn't revealing enough?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.