Burning Vinyl to CD-R: Questions

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by wags, Feb 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

The secret? The soundcard or A/D conversion, and cables.

You didn't mention the method you are contemplating. Some here will tell you that the standalone is "better" Others will swear by the computer method. I use the computer method.

2. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

A stand-alone CD recorder is more convenient. The computer method is more time consuming and needs decent hardware if you really want to make a good transfer. This means a step above the SoundBlaster type of sound card, not to mention a WAV editor and a good CD burning program (I use CD Architect, though, which has enough built in to do some minor tweaking without needing a WAV editor).

3. Grant

A computer is no more convenient than a standalone. Of course, I have the PC hooked directly to the stereo.

4. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

I almost disagree.

Stand alone deck is very convenient in terms of expeding the product in one pass.

With the PC, it's more involved, and so is the hardware. What works for you (me/you) might not work for an engineer who just wants a clean dub off a reel without messing with the mouse.

In radio, a standalone deck was best. Damn straight forward. At home, and for serious work, yes, I agree with Grant. It introduces MANY other variables, but provides choices and detail options in working ON the PC.

Depends! :)

5. sgraham

sgraham New Member

You can't.

Unless you buy the line about CDs being "perfect sound forever".

6. Grant

Sckott, with CD Creator's Soundstream, I can literally burn an LP directly to CD-R in real time.

7. Grant

Re: Re: Burning Vinyl to CD-R: Questions

Yes you can, and I do it. But let's agree to disagree here, OK?

About a year ago, I stated that it was possible and it all turned into a big, very long, drawn out argument on the merits of analog and digital. Let's not go back there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.