Busbee, songwriter/Nashville record producer, RIP

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by BradOlson, Sep 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven Thread Starter

2. BradOlson

He did have a rare cancer in the brain called glioblastoma diagnosed recently.

3. BradOlson

4. RSteven

RSteven Forum Resident

What a true loss of a music talent. The man could play piano and write and produce records with the best of them. One of his greatest efforts was his co-write and production on Maren Morris's huge hit song, My Church, which helped her to win the Grammy Award for Best Country Solo performance in 2017. Here is the article from CMT that helps describe how the Grammy winning hit first came together:

The story behind Morris’ “My Church,” according to Songwriter Universe, is that after knowing each other for a few years, they’d booked a songwriting session and really started to hit it off. “Long story short, I got enamored by her talent and reached out to her. We started writing together. She had been out in L.A. to do some writing sessions” he’d said, “and she came to my studio and said, ’Hey, I’ve got this title My Church.’ I said, ’Oh, that’s interesting. What does that mean?’

“She said, ’When I’m in the car driving and listening to music, it moves me. I feel like that’s kind of my version of church.’ It literally just hit me, and I go ’Can I get a hallelujah?’ We just started writing the chorus. An hour and a half later it was done. The vocal that’s on the radio is the one I recorded that day as the demo.” The song went on to become Morris’ debut, breakout hit in 2016.

► 3:36

Busbee is survived by his wife and three young daughters.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    BradOlson likes this.
  5. BradOlson

You are right that he was very talented. His work on Carly Pearce's Every Little Thing album is also great as well. In such a short time, he made a major mark in the music industry.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    RSteven likes this.
  6. ROFLnaked

ROFLnaked Forum Resident

Wow--I got the news last night and I'm still in shock.

I knew MB pretty well @15 years back in Los Angeles: he may possibly have been the world's nicest guy and I shall never forget his selflessness.

Fare thee well, MB.

RSteven likes this.
  7. CWillman

CWillman Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.