Buyer's regret/vinyl drama...recommendations?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by WvL, Jan 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WvL

WvL Improve the lives of other people Thread Starter

Ok...1st off, I did it and missed the fine print. My fault. I bought the new Sade boxed set. I like Sade. No problem with the music. $205. Long since paid for. less than 12 hours after purchase (and months before shipping), I emailed to cancel the preorder. Xmas season was fast approaching and I had already bought some vinyl. I was told that it was impossible to cancel the preorder. Odd, but I went back and double checked and it stated that in the fine print. they said that I could return it once it ships in October. well, it finally ships in late December, at least 2 months late. Shipped late, not a delay in transit. I still haven't opened the albums (still shrink wrapped). Part of me wants to return it out of spite, but I don't feel like paying for and risking shipping them again. I'd be more comfortable eating the shipping if someone wanted to take them off my hands (not free). I know I am being petty. Shut up and play some Sade? Hold on to them and see what I can flip them for when they sellout (a gamble)

/end rant

2. human riff 999

human riff 999 Forum Resident

Big Fleetwood Mac fan....all eras are good, but to me personally, the PG years really matter....it was the beginning and I loved the music...love Greeny! Other stuff good too...i bought a Japanese CD of Boston Box....I got vinyl, regular maroon box etc but when it came, I took the Obi off the CD and the numbers were wrong. It was cut short on some songs near the end, and it was not Japanese. Got it on Discogs, and I lit the cat up on feedback....I told it hard and dirty. Guy emailed me and asked me to please make another statement, he didnt know it was not real etc, he had already refunded my $ via Paypal...and he had. So I went in and explained my frustration, but told what he did and that maybe he had been duped. I told him I would and that I would return the 3 discs....he told me keep them on him. I rewrote my post stating what happened, and what he did was impressive. I get stuff from him preety often, and he cuts me deals. It worked out for both of us good stuff!!!

3. Buy from stores that don’t charge you until it’s shipped.

WvL likes this.
  4. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

If you don't want them, just return them unopened and get a refund.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.